Gibson Brands Forums

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

4Hayden

I saw JA back in the early 70's in Cleveland. Great concert with the exception that the entire audience was screaming for her to sing White Rabbit for her encore song(s). She did not sing the song and stated, "If you want to hear White Rabbit, you should have bought the album." The band then walked of the stage not to return. Not too professional on the bands part.

Kenny V

I saw JA back in the early 70's in Cleveland. Great concert with the exception that the entire audience was screaming for her to sing White Rabbit for her encore song(s). She did not sing the song and stated, "If you want to hear White Rabbit, you should have bought the album." The band then walked of the stage not to return. Not too professional on the bands part.

Kenny V

The audience is what paid their life style and should get to here what they came for , not to professional of J.A. or Grace

4H

I saw them, great show, 1970, she was in a band called The Great Society when she wrote White Rabbit and Someone to Love.Grace at the White House...What happened at the White House in the early '70s?

Tricia Nixon went to the same New York girls' finishing school [Finch College, now defunct] that I did, but 10 years later. When I attended, my maiden name was Wing. Tricia invited all the graduates, including me, to a White House tea party. Her people didn't know that Grace Wing was Grace Slick [her first husband was Jerry Slick]. So I called Abbie Hoffman and said, "Guess where we're going." I had planned to spike Richard Nixon's tea with acid. But when Abbie and I were on line, a security guard wouldn't let me in. He said, "We checked and you're a security risk."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703778104576287303493094530

I saw them, great show, 1970, she was in a band called The Great Society when she wrote White Rabbit and Someone to Love.Grace at the White House...What happened at the White House in the early '70s?

Tricia Nixon went to the same New York girls' finishing school [Finch College, now defunct] that I did, but 10 years later. When I attended, my maiden name was Wing. Tricia invited all the graduates, including me, to a White House tea party. Her people didn't know that Grace Wing was Grace Slick [her first husband was Jerry Slick]. So I called Abbie Hoffman and said, "Guess where we're going." I had planned to spike Richard Nixon's tea with acid. But when Abbie and I were on line, a security guard wouldn't let me in. He said, "We checked and you're a security risk."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703778104576287303493094530

That would have been awesome

4H

I love Grace Potter, but even she can't save that terrible song IMHO. :rolleyes:

Well pup when that song came out it was the first song people wanted us to play and more than once ,

You would have had to be playing in those days to understand . I still play it to this day and dream of Grace in her white dress.

4H

You would have had to be playing in those days to understand

I understand nostalgia, but the above statement would seem to mean I am incapable of enjoying any song older than the era in which I might have been actually performing the song. So I'll never get Bach because I'm not 250 years old... or the Beatles since I'm not 70? [confused]

BTW, I always thought this was a decent song... (even though I'm too young to understand it)

I understand nostalgia, but the above statement would seem to mean I am incapable of enjoying any song older than the era in which I might have been actually performing the song. So I'll never get Bach because I'm not 250 years old... or the Beatles since I'm not 70? [confused]

BTW, I always thought this was a decent song... (even though I'm too young to understand it)

Your just incapable of being able to understand what I was saying , not that your young and dumb

4H

Archived