Gibson Brands Forums

Concerts in Boston

daveinspain

I'll be in Boston from the 9th of June until the 21st. My oldest niece is getting married on the 13th of June and I'm in the wedding party... [biggrin] So I was looking to see if there's going to be any good concerts in the Boston area while I'm in town…

The only things I saw of interest, on dates I can go are:

Barry Manilow - June 16 Boston, MA

Steve Miller Band - June 19th Lincoln, RI

Steve Miller Band - June 20th Wallingford, CT

Sheryl Crow - June 20th Mashantucket, CT

Not real thrilled about Barry Manilow, although I've heard the guy is a great showman and has tones of well know songs…

Sheryl Crow and the Steve Miller Band, I'd love to see them both but can't do everything… So between the above mentioned concerts which would you go see?

to be honest given those choices i'd go out for pizza & beer then call it a night.

:blink: Will be doing that a lot but I'm dying to see a good concert… Come on, Steve Miller Band and Sheryl Crow will both have kick *** bands. All I wanna do is have some fun...

I have seen two of the three and my suggestion would be Stevie Miller..he is still fun and it is one of those shows that just makes you want to get up and move, dance in the Isles if you know what I mean..I have seen Barry Manilow and he is ok, Sheryl Crow I have no real desire to see I have always thought she was over rated although she is easy on the eyes.

:blink: Will be doing that a lot but I'm dying to see a good concert… Come on, Steve Miller Band and Sheryl Crow will both have kick *** bands. All I wanna do is have some fun...

lol, that would be a good show...

Sorry, I think all of those bands are bad.

My advise would be to find the weekly free paper in Boston online (every city should have one; in Chicago it is the Reader and in Detroit it is the Metro Times), scout out a local show and hit that. Your wallet will thank you, you'll drink better beer, and you'll hear some new music.

I'm surprised by the replies. To say that any of the 3 acts are bad is ridiculous. They are all top of their game and the musicianship would be great. If I had to pick I'd see Steve Miller. But any would suffice.

Saw the Steve Miller Band about 4 years ago. GREAT show.

if it was down to Steve or Cheryl, Steve. he'll rock the house.

and I agree, I'm surprised by the replies too. and say what ya will about Barry, but he also knows how to put on a show

Let me use a better word: boring. Do you really want to hear the Joker or If It Makes You Happy for the millionth time? Stretch out and see something new. Your ears will thank you.

Let me use a better word: boring. Do you really want to hear the Joker or If It Makes You Happy for the millionth time? Stretch out and see something new. Your ears will thank you.

Sure, on Miller. And I'm ready to hear Seasons again also. But more important, I like the way the guy plays the guitar and always has played the guitar!

steve

I just do not think that because the music is "New" that it is gonna be better..I mean thats why a lot of these older bands are able to still draw because the newer music is just average and some people would like to go what they feel comfortable with and know is gonna be good instead of being disappointed..just my take sorry but the old bands still rock.

I've checked out some of the bands you're into E and my ears never thanked me. Lol

You might check around & see if Charlie Farren is playing anywhere while you're up that way. He does it all - rock (he was the vocalist for the Joe Perry Project as well as his own band Farrenheit) and acoustic jazz & blues solo work. Worth a listen if you're tired of the same ol' same ol'.

He's from the area and plays it pretty frequently. Met him at the NYC IMX Demo show back in '99. Really down to earth, pleasant guy and a hell of an artist.

I've checked out some of the bands you're into E and my ears never thanked me. Lol

:(

I admit that most of bands and music i am into is blech to the majority here, but he doesn't have to go see some cat destroying the stage with a Jazzmaster and fuzz pedal. There has to be blues & rock clubs in Boston.

:(

I admit that most of bands and music i am into is blech to the majority here, but he doesn't have to go see some cat destroying the stage with a Jazzmaster and fuzz pedal. There has to be blues & rock clubs in Boston.

It's all good E. If we all like the same song it'd be one boring world. Just messing with ya.

I won't pile on you at all. But there certainly are songs I could hear a million times, and some I probably have. Including mine. You can do both I guess.

rct

Archived