Gibson Brands Forums

2015 Archtop models . . .

Sleeko

[cursing] I was on the Gibson website and the only archtop for 2015 that I could find was this "pressed" solid wood model. Are all of the other models special order now? Maybe I'm doing something wrong lol.

Anyway, do you have an opinion on this new guitar and do you know if Gibson is going to start making all of its archtops like this? At $6,299 it's still s'pensive. �� What's say you?

B13DE4C7-619C-4A3B-A4CB-5F2255120530_zpsruz3rfsw.jpg

:rolleyes: Here, see for yourselves . . .

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2015/Custom/Solid-Formed-17-Hollowbody-Venetian.aspx

Yeah we have had a discussion about this in the lounge..

And they are really nice looking guitars.. but theres a vid here where they explain how they are made and say that they are way more economical to make than the traditional way they have been.. yet they are so expensive???

check at 8:16 in

So that also means as mentioned above.. at these prices you can go buy an original one if you can find one. Doesn't seem to make sense from that point of view ??? :-k

Putting out a product that people can afford has never been something I have ever associated with the brand of Gibson. Since about 1990 however, it just seems to be a game as to how high they can jack the prices up and people still pay them. Henry draws a line in the sand and dares us to step over it. And we do. So he draws another line. We step over that one too. Why should he stop what he's doing? WE'RE the idiots.

$6300 for a pressed top guitar.

This makes me look at the ENTIRE Gibson line and ask myself why.

Crazy prices from Gibson again; it's the 2015 USA line all over again. How long until they realise and lower this lot?!

Shame; I'd be really interested in the Venetian and the L9, but it's not practical at those costs.

Putting out a product that people can afford has never been something I have ever associated with the brand of Gibson. Since about 1990 however, it just seems to be a game as to how high they can jack the prices up and people still pay them. Henry draws a line in the sand and dares us to step over it. And we do. So he draws another line. We step over that one too. Why should he stop what he's doing? WE'RE the idiots.

$6300 for a pressed top guitar.

This makes me look at the ENTIRE Gibson line and ask myself why.

Yeah... I get that...

Its a shame... I actually loved the faded series that Gibson put out which were amazing deals... The thing is they are such good guitars for the money why would you buy a Standard or above... Which is obviously why they stopped making them.. I know they were pretty popular...

Gibson have the capability of occupying both ends of the market and could actually give a young player or people with limited budgets a chance to actualy own a real Gibson USA.. But no longer [crying] Now they purely seems to want to exist as a premium brand.. which I do understand from a business view point.. but still don't mean I have to like it.

After seeing that embarrassing SG with the diamonds Crazy Glued all over it I think it's pretty obvious where Gibson ("We're not really a guitar company anymore") went.

I'm sure we'll see a few $10,000 archtop models crop up sooner or later.

fwiw,,,

not being a dedicated Jazz player, I certainly can't justify spending 6 large on a guitar like this.

So I picked up a few Epi's A regent, single floating pickup, and a broadway. Each were under a grand. yes they are laminates, but I really could care less. They WORK for ME, play really good, sound good, and I didn't have to take out a second mortgage. or sell half of my current stable to be able to afford something I'll play about once or twice a week.

actually, I just can't see dropping that kind of dough on any guitar tbh.. if you got the coin, more power to you..

I think I'll order a citation, it's only $22k... no problem! I'm sure the wife will back me all the way on this purchase,,,

my next post maybe from a dog house some where in Central Mass..

One word: "greed" explains everything. Back in 2003 when I parted with my hard earned and saves $5,000 for my L5 I knew what I was getting. Solid maple and spruce woods from nature. Fast forward 12 years later and now every manufacturer is charging $10K for a card board body guitar and expect everybody to buy without question.

At this point, I find it impossible to buy any new guitar on the market.

Jazz,

Its nice to see you can still get a Super 400. I should have bought one back in 67 when I had the chance.

I recently purchase a (used) ES-330 VOS (current model), and I think it's as fine a guitar as I've ever held or played. Utterly stunning in every single way.

Can struggling musicians afford Gibson at all?

Looks like the goal is to sell to hobbyist and collectors. Damn, if a brand new Gibson guitar cost that much... man, the second hand and vintage market will also go up! They must be following Rolex company's pricing strategy! msp_cursing.gif

• 3 months later...

I would like to try that 17" Venetian. They have one at Andertons.

Guitar village have a Le Grand which costs even more.

Dare I go and try them? Part of me is afraid to in case I like them enough to be tempted :unsure:

No guts no glory! [thumbup]

Random musings on a Saturday morning.... :blink:

Any successful business creates and aspires to satisfy needs at the biggest profit... [thumbup]

Collectors and Investors travel their own road... [biggrin]

I enjoy making a cheap guitar sound expensive... <_<

John Scofield plays a mean Tele...

The Godin 5th Avenue is made from pressed wood... [biggrin]

V

:-({|=

Archived