Gibson Brands Forums

looking for Epi Elitist Byrdland

DCBirdMan

[thumbup] Gotta say, I sure do love mine. And the wood is second to none . . .

EB671997-6C6C-4108-AD9E-68681C58F54B_zpsswnajzg4.jpg

image_zpsa24a10a5.jpg

image_zps83489670.jpg

That is a strikingly beautiful guitar, Sleeko. I imagine that it sounds beautiful as well, congrats! [thumbup]

[thumbup] Gotta say, I sure do love mine. And the wood is second to none . . .

EB671997-6C6C-4108-AD9E-68681C58F54B_zpsswnajzg4.jpg

image_zpsa24a10a5.jpg

image_zps83489670.jpg

That is one heck of a fine example you have shown us. What is the going fair market price for an example such as yours if it came up on the market ? I am a big fan of Epiphone guitars and have played them and owned them for well over 45 years now.

[thumbup] Thank you all. I purchased both this Byrdland and the Elitist Broadway back in 2008 from Fuller's music. Both cost $1600.00 brand new. I've seen these occasionally on Ebay. Prices range from $1800.00 to $2500.00

Made 2003-2007? Sunburst preferred but there sure don't seem to be many of these available. They get good reviews. Then if I like the 23.5 scale, maybe take the plunge for a recent Gibson sharp cut Byrdland.

Hi DCBirdMan! I have a blonde 2007 Epi Elitist Byrdland that I might consider selling. I got it new in 2007, and it has been played and signed by Ted Nugent, and has two mods. A Gretsch strap knob on the toggle and an engraved "Byrdland" Gibson tailpiece. That engraved tailpiece was very hard to find and set me back $350. Excellent condition all around and the case has also been signed in silver sharpie with the Stickman Nuge drawing that he does.

I also own a 1998 Byrdland Florentine (sharp cutaway)that has been played onstage by The Nuge.

The EPI is really, really good, it's a really killer guitar. The neck is slightly thinner and skinnier than the current Gibson neck. This particular one might not be the cheapest one around, but if interested PM me. I've got some remodeling to do in the house, and so consider selling the Epi now that my Gibson has been signed and played.

PM if interested.

• 1 month later...

Well I got a blond Epi Byrd w/ tags... I like the scale, but I believe the neck is a little narrower than the 1 11/16th that the very recent Byrds are supposed to be and the neck is thinner than Gibson, as someone stated above. Plus I would prefer sharp cut. So maybe will start trollin for a very recent sharp cut sunburst Gibson Byrd. But this one will do in the meantime, altho 1 10/16th neck is too dang narrow, and I guess Byrds thru the decades have almost all been that way.

Well I got a blond Epi Byrd w/ tags... I like the scale, but I believe the neck is a little narrower than the 1 11/16th that the very recent Byrds are supposed to be and the neck is thinner than Gibson, as someone stated above. Plus I would prefer sharp cut. So maybe will start trollin for a very recent sharp cut sunburst Gibson Byrd. But this one will do in the meantime, altho 1 10/16th neck is too dang narrow, and I guess Byrds thru the decades have almost all been that way.

Congrats on the Byrdland. When I first got a Texan in the 60s, I feared that I would never get accustomed to the narrow neck, but I adjusted very quickly to it.

• 4 weeks later...

http://

However, I missed a sunburst one on reverb. Sunburst way more kool w/ me but I know not with others. But I love the scale and have accustomed some to the narrower neck. Still I think they make nuts for this width w/ wider string spacing.

Purty!

• 2 months later...

Made 2003-2007? Sunburst preferred but there sure don't seem to be many of these available. They get good reviews. Then if I like the 23.5 scale, maybe take the plunge for a recent Gibson sharp cut Byrdland.

Sharp cuts on the L-5, Byrdland and Super 400 were discontinued in 1969, so the only way you can get a "recent" one is to order it from the Custom Shop (or find somebody who's selling a custom-built one). You'll likely go into shock when you see the prices.

Archived