Gibson Brands Forums

NGD! 2014 ES-335

joevacc

Finally! I have my very own ES-335! I couldn't possibly be happier! It is hard to get a good photo of it but it looks stunning in real life. The fit and finish are extraordinary. Like a jewel. The fret board? Just unbelievable!

It sounds great amplified and acoustically. It was set up well and it only took moments after a string change to bring it to my preferred action. The intonation took two small turns to bring into laser accuracy.

I am looking forward to a lifetime of playing this instrument. ;~)

IMG_2442.JPG

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2450.JPG

IMG_2454.JPG

Salivating. I'm pretty new to 335s myself but it quickly became the most comfortable. Loud and distinct tonally too. I'm sure you will enjoy.

Which pups came with it?

It has the '57 Classic's. There were a couple of things that steered me toward the '14 and those pickups were on top of the list. Also, I really wanted the dot inlays. I have always loved block inlays, in that they look very classy but I've found over the years that I prefer the feel of the wood rather than the inlays.

The size and feel were a surprise to me. I bought a Epiphone Sheraton that I fell head over heals for - and that was the reason. The way it vibrates when you're playing is fantastic. Up until the the Sheraton I played a custom Strat that I built. Now sadly, my poor Strat get's played less and less. ;~)

• 1 month later...

Archived