Gibson Brands Forums

Big Thumb Tony P - Scarce of late

flatbaroque

You guys ever follow Matt at Eddies Guitars?

He gives Tony competition in the beard department.

reviews are quite articulate and he's quite talented as a player but frankly his style doesn't suit me at all....makes me fell kinda funny actually. :)

Let's get one thing straight - These beards are highly modern and thus normal in the hip crowds called hipsters, , , whatever.

Thus both Castros and the nice Matt-fellow just follow a wave, which by now has no real significance as it already is established semi-old school.

To be frank these gentlemen are just hip-Jones'es (tho this look suits T.C. and his rustic and solid style splendidly).

Guess the serious points always lie two places elsewhere :

1 - Are you able to spot the new trend before it gets common - and then launch it. .

2 - Are you willing to keep the old one after the hip-factor is long gone, , , simply because you dig (it) deeper

No need to say that starting one yourself is the clean #1

Haven't noticed any posts of Acoustic letter's Tony P. here recently. Hope his beard hadn't become so unwieldy that he required a neck reset!

I watch Matt and Tony's vids a lot, but really, Matt's vids are great playing that I can't tell what the guitar sounds like.

For you peoples, I did an extensive search for a guitar demonstrator with no hair...well a bit of stubble on his chin...

One Hummingbird through a...looper:

BluesKing777.

I watch Matt and Tony's vids a lot, but really, Matt's vids are great playing that I can't tell what the guitar sounds like.

For you peoples, I did an extensive search for a guitar demonstrator with no hair...well a bit of stubble on his chin...

One Hummingbird through a...looper:

BluesKing777.

They let this guy do a lot of demos even though he almost doesn't have a beard (at least by Matt and Tony standards).

He is very impressed with how cool he is though.

Archived