Gibson Brands Forums

Who here owns a Fender (BAD GUYS)

4Hayden

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one on the left , I've seen a lot of that finish. Must be very popular

4H

The three color sunburst, or "tri-tone" as it has become know, was a brand new finish scheme in 1960 when that guitar was built!

The three color sunburst, or "tri-tone" as it has become know, was a brand new finish scheme in 1960 when that guitar was built!

Cool they've built a bunch since 1960 , and I see why

4H

I played a melody maker from 74-76 then a V and they were perfect guitars. Easy as hell to play.

Got a strat in 79 and kinda played it then didn't like it. Went to school. Traded it in 86 for another strat and that's what I had to finish my training in Gslveston TX where I got into a band with a Brit from Birmingham who wanted to play country on his 335 and I wanted to play Stones and Beatles on my strat. It was harder to play but out of necessity ( my V was not available for a while) I looked at it as a challenge. I had to Whoop it. Gibson is my number 1 guitar but for some things, Fenders are hard to beat.

looks a real lot like mine which was bought in 2014. (earlier post in this thread) I play that one about as much as my Gibsons.

Those Fat 50 pickups are killer.

That is sharp , even came with strap and strings

I think I would agree with an earlier post...

In many genres of popular music

A Strat or Tele is more use as a 'go to' guitar than many Gibsons.... :blink:

But..of course..many players like to 'show a rack' of guitars at home and on stage.. <_<

V

:-({|=

78 Mustang

78 Precision bass

2007 Deluxe Stratocaster with soft V neck

Highway One Telecaster

76 Super Reverb

78 Vibro Champ

94 Pro Junior

NOS Blues Junior

I know there is more but, I can't remember right now.

Nah - My wife let me have (build) my own shop as part of the deal for moving to Tennessee. [biggrin]

DSC_0012.jpg

[flapper]

I was just messing with you , I'm glad your wife "let" you build a building away from the house where she didn't have to listen [biggrin] better get those leaves raked up .

4H [thumbup] :blink:

Archived