Gibson Brands Forums

Nice online tool for scale and chord charts

Hello!

I see alot of topics on modes, pentatonic scales and scale charts so I figured I better share this fret board tool I found recently. Really easy to edit and compare scales, you can also share your findings. Seem to be all free and clean from ads, feel free to see some charts I created:

Blues Scale

Major and minor thirds

All 7 modes

Major and Minor Pentatonics and the Mixolydian Mode

Root Pattern (custom made)

Have a good one!

• 4 weeks later...

Great learning tool, and these scales should be readily available in a skilled player's brain. Add melodic minor and harmonic minor scales (and their modes) and you now have the tools to understand what your complete palette looks like. Many would say, well, just play what you feel... what comes to you. Being able to access this palette makes playing what you feel, what you hear in your head, much easier. Knowing what notes are available takes your sound to a higher level.

• 2 weeks later...

Great learning tool, and these scales should be readily available in a skilled player's brain. Add melodic minor and harmonic minor scales (and their modes) and you now have the tools to understand what your complete palette looks like. Many would say, well, just play what you feel... what comes to you. Being able to access this palette makes playing what you feel, what you hear in your head, much easier. Knowing what notes are available takes your sound to a higher level.

Did he say SKILLED PLAYERS have brains?? (LOL)

• 1 month later...

Thanks! that's a great resource. It hadn't occurred to me that something like this was online.

Hello!

I see alot of topics on modes, pentatonic scales and scale charts so I figured I better share this fret board tool I found recently. Really easy to edit and compare scales, you can also share your findings. Seem to be all free and clean from ads, feel free to see some charts I created:

Blues Scale

Major and minor thirds

All 7 modes

Major and Minor Pentatonics and the Mixolydian Mode

Root Pattern (custom made)

Have a good one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived