Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

daveinspain

Wow, played through a Fender Blues Deluxe reissue today at a local music store… Loved it. Super clean cleans and very dirty dirties… Chuncky and with 40 watts it can easily be used for rehearsals or gigs. The one I tried is made in Mexico, seemed very solid and well built, are these MIM versions good? They're asking $850 for it, showroom amp, it's the only one they have…

Thoughts?

hey Dave..

that's about right price wise.

if you mosey over to the Fender Forums, and hit the "Modern Amplifiers" sub forum, there's some guys there that are very "up" on the pros/cons of the Fender amp line up.

Forum linky.. http://forums.fender.com/

amps: http://forums.fender.com/viewforum.php?f=13

I've been jonesin over a princeton and a delux the local store has.

I can't talk my self in to justifying another tube amp.... already have 3... but I'm working on it.. :)

The Fender Blues Deluxe is a great sounding amp which has enough power for most situations. It is a better sounding amp than the blues Jr. line. Did you have a chance to play a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue, which IMO is the best sounding amp for the money on the market today.

Kenny V

Wow, played through a Fender Blues Deluxe reissue today at a local music store… Loved it. Super clean cleans and very dirty dirties… Chuncky and with 40 watts it can easily be used for rehearsals or gigs. The one I tried is made in Mexico, seemed very solid and well built, are these MIM versions good? They're asking $850 for it, showroom amp, it's the only one they have…

Thoughts?

This thread is useless without pictures [thumbup]

fender-blues-deluxe-reissue-459856.jpg

I own one of these amps so I can tell you that yes they are excellent! I had to go look on the back of the amp to determine if it was MIM and yes it is. Right above that it says Corona California but towards the bottom of the plate it says Made in Mexico. I had no idea they cost that much new as I bought mine used. I've owned mine for about 3 years and no problems whatsoever. These just ooze mojo. I love em [thumbup]

This thread is useless without pictures [thumbup]

fender-blues-deluxe-reissue-459856.jpg

I own one of these amps so I can tell you that yes they are excellent! I had to go look on the back of the amp to determine if it was MIM and yes it is. Right above that it says Corona California but towards the bottom of the plate it says Made in Mexico. I had no idea they cost that much new as I bought mine used. I've owned mine for about 3 years and no problems whatsoever. These just ooze mojo. I love em [thumbup]

Yes that's the amp. That's exactly it. It is equipped with a real spring reverb, bang the amp and the reverb makes though thunderous crashing sounds [thumbup]

Love the Fender Deluxe amps. When I was at Uni studying Music they had loads of different amps to try for rehearsals etc. Marshall JCM's, Cornford, Laney, Mesa and so on. The amps that really stood out for me were the Fender Deluxe Hot Rod and the Deluxe Blues Reissue, so I ended up getting one a few years back. Really great amps and look cooler than any others too IMO [thumbup]

Yes, Dave,the Blues Deluxe Reissues are great. I had one for awhile. They're plenty loud and they have a great clean channel. Some cork sniffers don't like the overdrive channel. I thought it was fine for me.

The biggest thing you could do to improve on the sound would be to upgrade the speaker, if you get a hankering to mess with it at some point. I also modded mine with a switch and a resistor so it could run 6V6 power tubes (about 20 watts) or 5881's (about 30 watts). It's like 40 watts with the stock 6L6's in there.

The Taiwanese filter caps that they use are not that great. It's a smart idea to have them replaced right off the bat with F&T brand caps, which are German and excellent quality and should be available. Or at least inspect them and make sure they aren't blowing out any white stuff. If the amp's more than six or eight years old, it should have a "cap job" anyway.

[thumbup] [thumbup]

Archived