Gibson Brands Forums

B.B. King signature sighting

LPguitarman

So last night, my two sons and I walk into our local Guitar Center to return my son's Blackstar amp (another story) and there's a guy there playing a red ES-355 or 335, couldn't tell which, it has a B.B. King signature on the top of it in black Sharpie marker with a date (10/8/2008). I walked up to him and asked the story behind the signature. He said he(the father) had given the guitar to his son and B.B. King was there (didn't get the details of where they actually were). Anyway, B.B. offered to sign the guitar for his son. Of course they said yes. I told him he should protect it, he said he was probably going to spray some clear lacquer over it. Cool, I said. He thanked me and we were on our way. Today, I'm wondering why, here it is 2015 and, it wasn't already protected. I noticed part of the signature was already fading slightly.

Hope he takes care of it, especially now after B.B.'s recent passing.

Well, if you watch Pawn Stars, the signature is worthless...unless BB King played the guitar and you had proof and you had pictures showing him with it and he used it on an album and...then Rick would make you low ball offer and complain about his overhead and wall space and finding the right person to buy it and...

1432336467[/url]' post='1660305']

Well, if you watch Pawn Stars, the signature is worthless...unless BB King played the guitar and you had proof and you had pictures showing him with it and he used it on an album and...then Rick would make you low ball offer and complain about his overhead and wall space and finding the right person to buy it and...

That was when BBK was alive. Autographs by any celebrity go up in value after they pass away. And besides, if he signed, how does the buyer know he didn't play it?

Archived