Gibson Brands Forums

Cobain: Montage of Heck

Rabs

I watched this round a friends house.. I thought it was REALLY really good.. The visuals they used were excellent and a lot of the other footage is from friends and family's private reels...

Especially if you are a Nirvana fan.. but even if you arnt I still think its worth a watch [thumbup]

I will watch that...I miss him.

Yeah, I know...on a guitar forum he's not considered much of a God but to my generation, the teens that were swept in that current...he means something. Maybe he'd be as ridiculous as Billy of the Pumpkins if he were alive, but who knows. Maybe we're missing out on so much.

Watched it last week, good watch if you are a Nirvana fan at all.....and well said ErickC, Kurt himself always said he wasn't a guitar player at all and couldn't pass guitar 101....to me it's all about the passion and not always about flash

Watched it last week, good watch if you are a Nirvana fan at all.....and well said ErickC, Kurt himself always said he wasn't a guitar player at all and couldn't pass guitar 101....to me it's all about the passion and not always about flash

I feel much the same way about Teresa from Le Butcherettes... she's got something to say, and nobody else is going to do it right.

Apparently a new Nirvana album is being released this summer with old recorded material I read somewhere. That'd be cool. Nirvana music gets my adrenaline going and that's the first thing that's always appealed to me in music. Also, as a decent guitar player myself their music isn't all that hard to play along to which makes it fun. He was definitely a chosen one of some sort to go that far with not much talent!!

From what I've been reading/hearing/understanding, there seems to be a shadow of doubt as to whether or not his end was 'self-inflicted'...

What, like the aliens stuck a needle in his arm and sucked the life out of him?

From what I've been reading/hearing/understanding, there seems to be a shadow of doubt as to whether or not his end was 'self-inflicted'...

While he did have a toxic relationship, he was a severe addict and suffered from bipolar. My bets are on that he ended his own life, but conspiracy theorists love to theorize. [rolleyes]

The same can be said about Elliott Smith actually, which i feel is an even sadder story.

To me he is just another dead musician who used heroine. There music wasn't even that good. Don't just smoke a little weed and drink a beer. Nope hard narcotics is always a wise choice. Also he seemed like a rock star that didn't want the fame. Then my advise would have been go work at Burger King and no one will care you are.

for some people, narcotics are the closest thing to love they'll ever feel..........

those that start early in life, call it "1st love" for a reason.

It is easy to judge. There is no need to glamorize the addiction, but to call Kurt banal is way off.

His music sounded like "f u" in a time when most music sounded like, "PLEASE pay attention to me."

Getting clean when there is a ton of pressure for you to not only function but to exceed...it has to suck.

I have loads of pressure to punch in my 40hrs and provide for my elderly mum who is very handicapped.

If it were not for that obligation I would never work this much. It is killing me, this grind.

And yes, people do it all the time, but I did not choose this.

I agreed to taking care of mom, as an only child must, because I felt it an obligation.

Is it not possible that Kurt felt it his obligation to carry on with the band, gig/record/interview, once they'd achieved a level of success?

I would believe that it isn't as easy as turning around and saying, "thanks for the money, I'm going into hiding now. F U Dave, F U Kris, F U fans."?

I think he could have slowly removed himself, but who knows what all was going on in his head.

A friend of mine killed herself a year after she'd had some amazing success locally as a writer.

She once told me she was scared that the well of ideas would run dry.

Her friends and family say she did it in a manic state, being bi-polar.

I say she recognized her success, felt pressure to match it weekly at the slams and poetry readings, realized she may have hit her peak...I say she did it as part of the work...the impact made her work all the more important.

Is it not possible Kurt did it to create the greatest possible impact?

It is easy to judge. There is no need to glamorize the addiction, but to call Kurt banal is way off.

His music sounded like "f u" in a time when most music sounded like, "PLEASE pay attention to me."

Getting clean when there is a ton of pressure for you to not only function but to exceed...it has to suck.

I have loads of pressure to punch in my 40hrs and provide for my elderly mum who is very handicapped.

If it were not for that obligation I would never work this much. It is killing me, this grind.

And yes, people do it all the time, but I did not choose this.

I agreed to taking care of mom, as an only child must, because I felt it an obligation.

Is it not possible that Kurt felt it his obligation to carry on with the band, gig/record/interview, once they'd achieved a level of success?

I would believe that it isn't as easy as turning around and saying, "thanks for the money, I'm going into hiding now. F U Dave, F U Kris, F U fans."?

I think he could have slowly removed himself, but who knows what all was going on in his head.

A friend of mine killed herself a year after she'd had some amazing success locally as a writer.

She once told me she was scared that the well of ideas would run dry.

Her friends and family say she did it in a manic state, being bi-polar.

I say she recognized her success, felt pressure to match it weekly at the slams and poetry readings, realized she may have hit her peak...I say she did it as part of the work...the impact made her work all the more important.

Is it not possible Kurt did it to create the greatest possible impact?

he too had a daughter. forever an only child. sad whether famous or not, and tricky things obligations.

I don't think he did it to create the greatest possible impact. But the whole well running dry idea couldve been a factor. They mention a lot of important factors in the documentary. Kurt was extremely sensitive and everytime he even had a hunch his wife was cheating on him he almost died of drugs. He just had a lot of insecurities that started from his childhood that not even music could fill. Music could be an outlet but it could not fill. Did you guys forget the part where he had really bad stomach ulcers that no one could treat? AND he ate and probably slept like ****. I'm not sure if any of you work out alot or are into health & fitness as much as me, but not eating or sleeping right can really change your mentality. To add to that, and a lot of people anywhere don't talk about this but your stomach/gut is extremely important with how you feel. The way your digestive system works and everything involving the stomach and that jazz. If it is not right, it will alter your mental states eventually. Just some food for thoughts.

.....and Courtney Love was/is not what you would call a stable ground herself..talk about a Sid and Nancy scenario all over again...Kurt defiantly killed himself but if he had a more stable partner ( like his first Girlfriend ) I think the outcome may have been dramatically different...I am not saying Courtney intentionally drove him there but the 2 personalities are a bad mix.

Archived