Gibson Brands Forums

A Couple of Photos

BluesKing777

It is the last week of Autumn here in gloomy Victoria, Australia...

Last year, I trekked all over the local mountains trying to get good photos of the autumn leaves and while I saw some incredible sights, they were usually at a spot in the road with a precipice and no parking spot!

Out back of my house the vine has the last of its leaves, so I took a few photos of my 1959 Gibson LG3, next week will be winter and the leaves will be gone - I might blow one of these up to the size of a wall:

AutumnLG32_zpsvcyvtghk.jpg

AutumnLG33_zpskparh5u5.jpg

Under my apple tree:

AutumnLG31_zpslt1dkdko.jpg

BluesKing777.

While you are anxiously awaiting winter, I am anxiously awaiting summer. Has rained every day in May here, and I haven't had to worry about humidity once. That LG3 is a really sweet looking little number.

I clearly hear that LG3 through the grape wine, BK777 - always a treat.

Thanks Em7!

I do hear things on the grape vine!

We seem to be having success growing guitars on that vine and the apple tree, but the vine looks so promising with grapes and then comes the bird fight, and they got under my fruit net and staggered around pissed for a few weeks and also made 3 purple poops for every grape they ate!

They left me enough to make half a glass......but it was a truly superb vintage... one of those mystical vintages that are revered through time. [biggrin]

BluesKing777.

Wait...I feel cheated here, BK. Aren't we due a pic of a new purchase?

Still in Customs, JZ!

Trying not to grumble, but the main players involved - guitar shop, Fedex have busted their buns to get it here in some kind of record time, only for the Customs to take 2 days to 'clear' it and then release it at 4.00 pm Friday afternoon so it will sit there all weekend, probably with the moron that handled it sitting on the box playing it!

Well there, I did grumble!

Lucky I have the odd spare guitar! [mellow]

BluesKing777.

PS..non grumble:

I dont gamble much, but my younger sister is in a syndicate with a small share of a horse - I have lost a few coins on the fleabag, but Saturday they must have fed it some rocket fuel because it came round the last bend as wide as I have ever seen and with help from the Princess and I riding our armchairs as fast as we could, the thing came down the straight faster than a bullet to come in at 10 to 1 - Wahooooo and another wahoo and a half!!!

Still waiting for the Fedex truck!

Meanwhile here are a couple of photos of my Martin CEO7 - finish is called "Autumn Burst".

So here is the Autumn Burst with the Autumn Leaves - looks great on my work computer big screen wide screen thingy:

AutumnCEO71_zpsbgbbsmbh.jpg

AutumnCEO76_zpsfe8hj3px.jpg

AutumnCEO75_zps2ft5kvor.jpg

BluesKing777.

That certainly is a pretty L00 copy, even down to the abandonment of the belly bridge. It's an interesting move by Martin and probably enough guitar to serve as one's only acoustic. I'd love to try one but I'm 90 minutes from the nearest.

OK, I've kissed your butt enough. Tell us about the ugly duckling.

That certainly is a pretty L00 copy, even down to the abandonment of the belly bridge. It's an interesting move by Martin and probably enough guitar to serve as one's only acoustic. I'd love to try one but I'm 90 minutes from the nearest.

OK, I've kissed your butt enough. Tell us about the ugly duckling.

What is all this talk of that one would do as an only....gulp....guitar?

I am about 90 plus minutes away from the shop if I go the beach road, but take pot luck with the massive semis and traffic on the freeway and a lucky drive can be half that!

Except I played a CEO7 while looking at something else, hmmm that's great but I dont need another Martin, especially a brand new one....went home.....then went back! And it was gone! A year to get the next one in! Mine!

And I wasnt going to race in there this time like a blithering idiot and told them to deliver it ......and I would relax, except they rang to say it was here and I broke the land speed record to be on their doorstep before they hung up the phone...

Sensational guitar and as long as you want wide spacing and mod V neck - perfect!

Cant mention ugly one yet - it will put the mooch on it, but the Fedex trackimg says it is on the truck for delivery! I dont get excited anymore about that, because it can take them all day to get here, probably along the aforementioned beach road, with a stop or 2 for lunch and a drink.....

BluesKing777.

Ha! I know that feeling...the PO truck arrived Rochester...me next...does it come right straight? No. Syracuse?! Sitting overnight? Why? Oh, it's the weekend, a long weekend. OK, that's why beer was invented.

I always go to the soft 'V' and wide string spacing when my hands are sore from work. It secures a permanent place for the EZ play L00 which will end up being my 'old age' geetar.

Arrived at 5 pm - thought it wasnt coming - phew - one players special 1944 Martin 0-17 with lots of repairs, but THE sound for fingerpicking! Smoky Bacon!

It has been sitting around at Customs since last Thursday, so they acclimatized it for me! I let it sit in the box for about 3 hours, opened it just before, inspected it, tuned it to a lowered standard tuning - down 2 steps - and that is so beautiful that it is where the tuning will stay! Plucked a few blues, sang a few test tunes for the Princess after dinner, packed it away til later......

BluesKing777.

Another guitar under the vine - must grow there!

1944 Martin 0-17 - sounds incredible and still has jetlag...

BluesKing777.

Aw....

Now ain't she just the cutest little thang?

Archived