JuanCarlosVejar

Folks,

Gonna see Keef and co tonight !!!

They are idols of mine.

Will keep and eye out for Mick's Red Hummingbird

Ronnie's famous double guarded J 200.

Also Keef's ES 355 & 345

JC

I first saw the Stones in 1964 - couldn't hear a thing for screaming girls - Charlie and Inez Fox were on the same bill - they were great too

Soak it all up as much as you can - time passes but memories stay [thumbup]

Folks,

They are idols of mine.

Also Keef's ES 355 & 345

JC

- also a good opportunity to see and hear the great Lisa Fischer, backup singer with them for 25 years. One of the greatest singers on the scene today :). They usually feature her in a couple of spots during their shows.

Enjoy!

The set list for last night's show in San Diego looked like a whole lot of fun, particularly for those of us who were big fans in the 60's and early 70's.

I still remember dancing to "Satisfaction" on Sunday nights at the local mall in Phoenix (the stores were still closed on Sundays in those days). I graduated high school practically the same time as "Satsifaction" came out.

Still love that song......

I first saw the Stones in 1964 - couldn't hear a thing for screaming girls - Charlie and Inez Fox were on the same bill - they were great too

Soak it all up as much as you can - time passes but memories stay [thumbup]

I saw the Stones in 63 at the Marque when it was under the Academy Cinema in Oxford Street. Kieth was playing an old Harmony then. 400 people in the audience and they were good but not the best band on!

Folks,

They are idols of mine.

Also Keef's ES 355 & 345

JC

This one?

I took this at Hyde Park, London, 2013.

image_zps1b828d19.jpg

Based on the back brace glimpse, this is a pre-65'er - could very well be a first year-ex.

Agree. Looks like the taller, thinner back braces to me, rather than the later short fat ones.

Superb photo by Wee Davy. Must have had one of the best seats in the house.

In a related story, our son is getting married in Pittsburgh on June 20. Big wedding at the Renaissance Hotel which is downtown near both the baseball and football stadiums. We were happy to hear that the Pirates baseball team was out of town that night meaning very little traffic to worry about......until we learned the Stones are playing in the Football stadium right next door that night for their one and only Pittsburgh appearance on this tour. [rolleyes]

I'm paying the bar tab so if any of the Stones are reading this, you're welcome to have a few before the show! [biggrin]

Rich

No,the sticky fingers full show was a one offsuprise show,which i was very much wanting to be a part of but forgot all about it the day of the show(last Wednesday) by the time i remembered the tickets were sold out.I have processed the photos already we got a few good ones.

Hopefully I can post my full report tonight.

JC

Jumpin' Jack Flash

It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)

All Down the Line

Tumbling Dice

Doom and Gloom

B1TCH

(with Gary Clark, Jr.)

Moonlight Mile

Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Street Fighting Man

(by request)

Honky Tonk Women

(followed by band introductions)

Slipping Away

(Keith Richards on lead vocals)

Before They Make Me Run

(Keith Richards on lead vocals)

Midnight Rambler

Miss You

Gimme Shelter

Start Me Up

Sympathy for the Devil

Brown Sugar

Encore:

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Satisfaction

Keef:

IMG_1066_zpsnb1df1xi.jpg

Ronnie:

IMG_1072_zpsq1yopnjz.jpg

Keith & Ronnie :

IMG_1074_zpsfzhmltl5.jpg

Keith & Charlie :

IMG_1082_zps8xi7k8jx.jpg

IMG_1091_zpsdq9ssofu.jpg

Mick :

IMG_1119_zpsltau9i2y.jpg

during Moonlight Mile:

IMG_1143_zpsvyokg2xg.jpg

Ronnie with the 70's L5s :

IMG_1157_zpsospqibgs.jpg

Ronnie and Keith with his Tele :

IMG_1159_zpsvj8jpnrg.jpg

Jagger with the Bird :

IMG_1206_zpsq4kbvd4f.jpg

the show was incredible from start to finish a few neat touches that this show had was when Keith took on singing vocals he went into a different song which I cant recall now but soon stopped and laughed and said "Old Habits Die Hard" he then proceeded into "Before They Make Me Run".

Jagger played the acoustic parts of Moonlight Mile on the electric seen above and also played a Black Strat on "MISS YOU"

Right before they appeared on stage you could see Charlie Watts shaking and rubbing his arms as if he was feeling nervous !

I have to say the band was in top form, I agree with those who say they are playing better than ever before.

that being said I was stunned that they did not play one acoustic ballad or songs like Dead Flowers, Sister Morphine,You Got The Silver.

Keith's Martin 0021 or 12 string were not seen neither was Ronnie's SJ 200.

Charlie's Drum Kit was his classic Gretsch

Tumbling Dice & Honky Tonk Women were very nice to hear live but I think Gimme Shelter was the gem of the set for me .

Dwight (Keith's 1964 white ES 345 was not seen either)

JC

Archived