Gibson Brands Forums

Played an AJ220 yesterday

QuestionMark

Yesterday, I went to the local Sam Ash hoping to see and try out a AJ-45 Masterbuilt. They didn't have any, but I figured I'd try out the AJ220 which they had. Gotta admit I was quite impressed with it. Sounded quite good and played quite well. Looked good, too. Have heard others speak highly of it and in my opinion those comments are justifiable. Can't believe it's so inexpensive for the quality of guitar it is. Was selling for only $199. Didn't buy it as wasn't looking to buy anything and have way too many guitars, already. But, I certainly would recommend the AJ220. Good guitar and an even better guitar considering its bargain price.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Yesterday, I went to the local Sam Ash hoping to see and try out a AJ-45 Masterbuilt. They didn't have any, but I figured I'd try out the AJ220 which they had. Gotta admit I was quite impressed with it. Sounded quite good and played quite well. Looked good, too. Have heard others speak highly of it and in my opinion those comments are justifiable. Can't believe it's so inexpensive for the quality of guitar it is. Was selling for only $199. Didn't buy it as wasn't looking to buy anything and have way too many guitars, already. But, I certainly would recommend the AJ220. Good guitar and an even better guitar considering its bargain price.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Yea the AJ220S is definately one sweet guitar. Nothing cheap about the way this one both plays and sounds and looks. I do hold mine in very high regard and love playing it. The action out of the box was great too. HIGHLY recommended, as many others in here will readily agree. It has deep rich full bodied sound and a luscious gloss finish to boot! The neck plays like butter.

Sam Ash does appear to have the Masterbilt AJ45ME in stock online.

http://www.samash.co...tar-eme4vssnh-p

I believe Guitar Center has them also, with 15% off for Memorial Day sales.

Yep! great guitar the AJ220 - I bought mine when I first picked it up - was not intending to buy but could not put it down. That was about 8 or 9 months ago they were £119 at the time - bargain indeed

DSCF3068_zpsdhmpiqah.jpg

And here it is now - seriously modded - with an electric sander (headstock) :rolleyes:

Yep! great guitar the AJ220 - I bought mine when I first picked it up - was not intending to buy but could not put it down. That was about 8 or 9 months ago they were £119 at the time - bargain indeed

DSCF3068_zpsdhmpiqah.jpg

And here it is now - seriously modded - with an electric sander (headstock) :rolleyes:

WoW! Look at that headstock! Great job! Looks like a Gibson!

WoW! Look at that headstock! Great job! Looks like a Gibson!

I decided as it was so cheap to buy that I would have a bit of fun with it - I downloaded a template for a Gibson headstock - stuck it on the headstock and got my disc sander to work. Tthen I ripped off the scratch-plate and downloaded a template for a Gibson teardrop - cut out one from a sheet of pick-guard material and bingo - I got myself a Frankingibepi. It looks ok and I had fun doing it. I would not do it with a guitar costing much more. [rolleyes]

Archived