Gibson Brands Forums

Help with Ser #

DaveB100

Email us at service@gibson.com with the serial number and detailed pictures of the guitar(front/back of body and headstock, serial number, etc.) and we'll be happy to help.

Thank you Jon...the pics are on the way..

The headstock shows a 2 as does the label on the inside

Gibson Custom Shop archtops made in the Noughties (2000s) sport a first digit 2xxxXxxx. So, a 2007 would read 2xxx7xxx. Beginning in 2010, the first digit reads 1xxxXxxx. So, a 2010 would read 1xxx0xxx. Your L-5CES Wine Red was made on December 11th 2007 and the 6th guitar of the day given a serial number. That is what 345 stands for: the 345th day of 2007. Hence, 23457006.

I guess Gibson Customer Service will get back to you soon.

P.S. Also, the time to authenticate any Gibson guitar is BEFORE you put down your money. After you give your money away, it is kinda late to ask for authentication or verification, isn't it? You'd do well to bear that in mind on your next Gibson guitar purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

Good advice not to give out the money before you are sure its legit..this is my third Gibson and I was very sure it was authentic but I still like to hear Gibson say it...2

2 weeks with this Guitar and it is by far the best tone I have ever played. I see why Gibson's go for so much dough..

FYI... Gibson did get back to me in very quick fashion and did authentic this L 5....happy camper indeed!

Archived