Gibson Brands Forums

Aj-45ME Specs

mojogood

No, at least not at this time. I prefer a wider string spacing at the bridge and a wider nut width.

Just so you know, there are next to no options for wide string spacing and wide nut width for all-solid acoustic guitars retailing at less than $1000 and that's because the Pacrim manufacturers don't make them at all or rarely do. Their standard is exactly what Mick just mentioned above.

Save your money for an American made guitar if you can't adjust to the Pacrim specs.

Here in the UK it is possible to get Sigma, Recording King, Crafter (older models at least), Stanford - all with 1.75 inch nut.

Recording King RO-10 - solid sitka spruce top, back & sides: solid mahogany - the RO-07 has solid top lam rosewood b&s The 12 fret OOOs have nuts of 1 13/16" that's slightly over 1.75"

Sigma OMR-21 has a 1.75 inch nut - solid top lam rosewood b&s (I just sold one) Sigma do a couple more lower end models with 1.75 nuts, I'm sure

Crafter TR060 - solid top lam rosewood b&s (this is an older model but you could find them - it's a drop shoulder 12 fret dread)

Stanford DJ-45 Deja Vu Series - slope shoulder, solid spruce top, back solid rosewood, sides rosewood laminated

All the above are either China or Korea made

There is also the Classical or Spanish guitar - they certainly have wide nuts and string spacing and there are many that have pickups installed, if you want more clout

Here in the UK it is possible to get Sigma, Recording King, Crafter (older models at least), Stanford - all with 1.75 inch nut.

Recording King RO-10 - solid sitka spruce top, back & sides: solid mahogany - the RO-07 has solid top lam rosewood b&s The 12 fret OOOs have nuts of 1 13/16" that's slightly over 1.75"

Sigma OMR-21 has a 1.75 inch nut - solid top lam rosewood b&s (I just sold one) Sigma do a couple more lower end models with 1.75 nuts, I'm sure

Crafter TR060 - solid top lam rosewood b&s (this is an older model but you could find them - it's a drop shoulder 12 fret dread)

Stanford DJ-45 Deja Vu Series - slope shoulder, solid spruce top, back solid rosewood, sides rosewood laminated

All the above are either China or Korea made

There is also the Classical or Spanish guitar - they certainly have wide nuts and string spacing and there are many that have pickups installed, if you want more clout

That Recording King RO-10 is the only all-solid in your list, Mick. If the OP is looking for a vintage burst look then he won't find it with that. I just looked at those Stanfords...they certainly do look the part!

A few years ago, Musician's Friend sold the Silver Creek brand and I bought a T-170 solid wood, 000 size with a wide nut and bridge string spacing. It also had a hefty V neck.They still have the specs listed at the link below. They also sold the T-160 which was the same guitar with mahogany tone wood. I paid $299 for mine and of course, they are PacRim guitars.

If Epi would list the complete specs, the OP wouldn't have had to ask someone to measure their AJ-45ME. The OP didn't ask for a sunburst. Maybe he just wanted a solid wood slope shoulder with a wider string spacing. That is what's keeping me from buying this guitar. It's still a great deal for those who can handle the specs. msp_thumbup.gif

Silver Creek T-170

FEATURES

• Body Style: Auditorium
  • Top: Solid Spruce
  • Back & Sides: Solid rosewood
  • Neck: Mahogany
  • Scale Length: 24.9"
  • No. of frets: 20, open 14
  • Fingerboard: Rosewood
  • Fingerboard Inlays: Mini Dots
  • Headstock Overlay: Rosewood
  • Headstock Inlay: Silvercreek logo with Flower & Vase Inlay
  • Nut width: 1-3/4"
  • Neck width at body: 2-3/8"
  • String spacing at saddle E-E: 2-5/16"
  • Binding: White with Black/White Purfling
  • Rosette: Ringed
  • Bridge: Rosewood
  • Width at Upper Bout: 11-3/8"
  • Width at Lower Bout: 15-1/4"
  • Maximum Depth: 3-7/8"
  • Finish: Gloss
  • Tuners: Chrome

Fbeard,

You are certainly correct...there was no mention by the OP about specifically looking for a vintage sunburst guitar. I speculated about both the desire for vintage sunburst and solid wood construction. I also used IF in my posts.

Archived