Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Factory in Orlando, Florida.

bayoubengal1954

What a great story. I live 200 miles away from a guiar shop much like this - I don't know if I'm lucky or no - having a guitar shop such as this in my vicinity would probably lead to guitar acquisition bankrptcy. [biggrin]

• 6 months later...

I live about 30 minutes from The Guitar Factory. I remember them from the early '80's duriing visits to Orlando. Now I live here. These guys are about the best friends a guitar player could have. Every Saturday, you can bring your ax for a setup including new strings and a quick evaluation. The last time it cost me $20.00. Plus while you are waiting in line, you get to hang out with complete strangers with their guitars and talk .... about guitars! Bill and Doug are first class, extremely cool guys.

My repair guy has not only been at it for decades but is second generation having learned from his father who ran a music store. He ain't fast but is a wizard. During hunting season you will not see much of him and as he works out of shed behind his house if the weather does not cooperate he is not gluing or shooting any nitro that week. But he also charges about 1/2 what the repair guys working out of nearby guitar stores do.

Archived