Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Sheraton II

hollowdan

Hi Friends! It is finally here. Great low action-- I mean comfortable and just touch it and play action. What a set up! This guitar is mint. No buzzing, all electronics perfect and original deluxe Epiphone case. This was shipped to me for $500 total. I am thrilled. The vintage OD tone of this baby is just what I love. The bridge pickup is great clean and rocks when you kick it into drive. Neck pickup on clean setting-- strums like an acoustic. This guitar is an example of the quality Epiphone produces at this price point, which is unreal. Pics below...[love]

100_3205_zpssglsfrd7.jpg

100_3199_zpsezvitdzb.jpg100_3189_zpst8sp5rpm.jpg100_3194_zpsjsks3zua.jpg

100_3197_zpsm8nt0tqd.jpg

Beautiful guitar! The Sheraton is Epiphone's crown jewel in the past half century.

Thank you, Jeffrey! Wow, I noticed there isn't a ding on this guitar-- only the E is missing. The nut looks like it might be an upgrade? What do you think? The nut slots are expertly cut... I think the last player had the frets leveled and everything set up just right. I am so pleased.

Hi Friends! It is finally here. Great low action-- I mean comfortable and just touch it and play action. What a set up! This guitar is mint. No buzzing, all electronics perfect and original deluxe Epiphone case. This was shipped to me for $500 total. I am thrilled. The vintage OD tone of this baby is just what I love. The bridge pickup is great clean and rocks when you kick it into drive. Neck pickup on clean setting-- strums like an acoustic. This guitar is an example of the quality Epiphone produces at this price point, which is unreal. Pics below...[love]

100_3205_zpssglsfrd7.jpg

100_3199_zpsezvitdzb.jpg100_3189_zpst8sp5rpm.jpg100_3194_zpsjsks3zua.jpg

100_3197_zpsm8nt0tqd.jpg

HNGD, Dan. The wait was well worth it, she's a real beauty. Very nice to have a great setup right from the git go. It oozes quality.. [thumbup]

Edited to add; Yes, on a second look it does indeed appear to have a nut upgrade (color and shape look a little different than usual). It certainly looks highly professional, very clean and well executed. Again, congrats Dan, a superb example you have there! [biggrin]

Steve112, 'scales, Ratty, Kidblast, dbrian66, I wanted to say how much I appreciate your enthusiastic responses. Also, 'scales, interesting that we have the same amp. Mine is a 1990's, as I guess all of those Princeton 112plus 65 watt, 1x12 amps were? Mine was built here in California. Wow, nice OD with a semi-hollow, and without tubes! The clean is superb, particularly. Steve112, I am glad you have agreed that the nut was upgraded. This guitar looks and feels like it was set up to gig. Very comfortable neck and frets. No dings or scratches or fretwear-- all of those things will change as I play it, no matter how carefully.

I just happen to have a brand new, adhesive back never pealed, "E" logo. Would you apply or would you leave the pickguard as is?

nope, I wouldn't do it. I would leave it just like it is,, it's beautiful

I always take them off. If it's embossed on, I replace the Pick guard

I personally find them quite tacky.

But I don't toss them, stick them on the case, in between the hasps on the front side.

I just happen to have a brand new, adhesive back never pealed, "E" logo. Would you apply or would you leave the pickguard as is?

My vote is to leave the "E" off. The pickguard looks cleaner and more functional without it! [thumbup]

Leave the E off. I would keep the pickgaurd. My sherry does not have one, and that's a whole lot of wood staring back at you. I think the pickgaurd breaks it up nice.

Here is what it looks like without the pickgaurd

image_zps2692998d.jpg

I would leave it on. If you do decide to take it off, just send it to me! :)

Thanks guys, for all the congrats and great advice. Ebay-- when I have done my research and shopped carefully I have been very pleased a number of times with instruments and amplifiers. There is always the risk, which I guess may be part of the sport of it. I am glad to read your unified view of the E sticker. Regarding the pickguard-- I am a stock kind of person. I like they way things are designed and I try to take care of the original condition of things. It is a bit OCD of me. However, as a mandolin player as well, I get why some players prefer a guitar or mando without a pickguard. To each his/her own when it comes to musical equipment. Thanks friends! This is a great forum.

Here is what it looks like without the pickgaurd

image_zps2692998d.jpg

I would leave it on. If you do decide to take it off, just send it to me! :)

dbrian66, Great guitar! It's my guitar's big brother or sister, oh, you know... !!!

She's a beauty! Looks just like mine, only I still have my "E" intact.

Mine was made in Korea and has the five piece neck, as well! [thumbup]

I like knowing there are guitars that are cousins of this one! Since the E is on, it is original, which is awesome in my mind! Love to see her sometime!

[thumbup] Great looking guitar. Love the "E" as a lot of heritage to go along with it from way back. Tacky? I think not. Badge of honor says I. B) Meh, do what YOU like.

01_zps95ceb61d.jpg

64E1A848-9416-421C-BFA3-F8A48DBEF04E_zps94hu18iu.jpg

HNGD hollowdan!

I also have a Sheraton II in natural finish. It is such a great looking guitar! I was playing it this morning before I went to work, and I was so impressed again by its tone. The only way I can think to describe this guitar's sound is 'sweet'. You are going to love owning and playing this one!

Archived