Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Crestwood Deluxe 3 way switch wiring help plz

Taylorplayer

To all -

First of all, as a relative "newbie" here I want to say Thank You for the help thus far - it has been much appreciated!

Here's my next question:

I'm having problems with a 3 way toggle switch on a 1964 Epiphone Crestwood Deluxe. The switch works in the middle position, and it works when I flip it to the right. When I flip it to the left it doesn't work (no sound). The guitar has three humbuckers, 2 volume and 2 tone pots. Can you direct me to a diagram that I can refer to - to see which legs are suppposed to make contact for each of the three positions? I should then be able to adjust them accordingly. I have been searching the net, but no luck so far. I would really appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you in advance ~

Will

Hi Will, I can't find any diagrams for your '64, but I would add that (as I'm sure you know) that's a fairly rare guitar, so if some Deox contact cleaner doesn't get you going, I'd be inclined to take it to a luthier ... or maybe even just a electronic technician, to have them wring out the wiring for you.

Hopefully it's just a dirty contact ... and you'll be up and running proper like in no time. :)

Hey now - I love to post pics of my guitars! You don't have to ask twice [rolleyes]

Once again - my thanks to all!

Nice!

I like really the binding on the neck and headstock.

Awesome guitar, and thanks for posting!! :)

Archived