Gibson Brands Forums

Posted in the Amplifier Forum Already

RevDavidLee

Not sure if cross forum posting is allowed here - if not please delete this thread with my apologies.

I posted this ebay ad link for a Gibson GA-5 Goldtone Reissue amp being sold from a place called Rainbow Guitars out of Tuscon Arizona. They're asking $299 and have free shipping - the amp is mint.

When no one responded for several hours I jumped on it & bought it. I already own one of these but decided for that price & the fact these are not made anymore - I didn't mind having a back up one as well. Was just on ebay and I see they have yet another one for sale for the same price and again - free shipping.

Don't know if any of you have priced these little gems but people are asking & getting ridiculous prices for these amps. So I'm posting this in the Gibson Lounge now hoping one of you will grab it up.

Here's a link to my thread in the amplifier forum which has the direct ebay link for the amp if anyone is interested. I hope one of you grabs it. [smile]

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/122132-anyone-looking-for-a-gibson-ga-5-goldtone-amp/page__gopid__1661818#entry1661818

Just nabbed it.

Thanks for the tip. Looks fabulous. Can't wait to play through it. You da bomb 👍

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Wonderful! I'm so glad you nabbed that! You can't go wrong here. Its pure Gibson tube tone & these are LOUD little amps if you want it to be. It's a no lose purchase at that price. Even if at some point you decide to sell it you will easily get every dollar back. But I hope you enjoy it sooooooo much that you keep it forever! Congrats Tman! [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

Guest Farnsbarns

Just nabbed it.

Thanks for the tip. Looks fabulous. Can't wait to play through it. You da bomb

Arrggh. I've been looking for one for ever. At least I'm not now trawling the web for a 220v power tranny. :-k

Guest Farnsbarns

Thanks for the tip Rev! It shipped today.

Farns come on over California way, we'll do jam II and use it

Woo woo

Now that sounds like a plan. I can even excuse it with "I need to try out Tman's amp and it's a 110v so have to there"!

Now that sounds like a plan. I can even excuse it with "I need to try out Tman's amp and it's a 110v so have to there"!

There ya go. [thumbup]

5 watts can be really loud nowadays with improved efficiency. How to overdrive without too much volume?

When in college I had a valve amp without a gain knob which was too loud for the parties I played so I put a thick quilt over it. One guy came up and asked me what the blanket was for and in my smart aleck way said, "It needs to be kept warm." He bought it hook, line and sinker.

Hey Tman - mine arrived just a few minutes ago! Plugged it in & cranked it all the way up - sounds delicious!!!!!! As I previously stated, I already had one of these amps but for the price Rainbow guitars sold these for, I could not pass up a 2nd one for a back up - or even better - run out in stereo! Woot! Here's a picture of the twins [thumbup][love]

GibsonGA5LesPaulAmps_zpsvsmi7jud.jpg

It did and man what a looker. Phenomenal

I left it at work so I'll take a photo tomorrow. As my coworker said to me (he's a guitar player), "still tryin to figure out what to tell the wife eh?". 😁😂

It did and man what a looker. Phenomenal

I left it at work so I'll take a photo tomorrow. As my coworker said to me (he's a guitar player), "still tryin to figure out what to tell the wife eh?". 😁😂

[biggrin] Looking forward to your impressions when you have time. I'm glad you got one! :)

IMG_0422_zps9stnudkq.jpg

IMG_0421_zpsetkh6xqy.jpg

Wow this dude is loud. Really cool. My co-worker has a 1960 LP junior and I tried it out through the LP Junior amp. I'm looking tired (you know you're getting older when) but man this is a fun sweet sounding amp. You can't hear the volume but luckily we didn't have any patients here yet. Nicely over drives with those P-90's at a volume of 11:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sutGpan9VJ8

Thanks Rev and thanks for the tip. I want to record with this as a pre-amp into my DAW. Sounds sophisticated and may be too sophisticated for me, but I'll try. It is really tube sweetness.

Archived