Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J160E

Larsongs

Lovely. I have a 2012 - looks the exact same. I love it. It's unique - feels different to my other guitars and compliments my Ric 325 nicely for early Beatles toons. Is it ladder or x braced? Anyway - enjoy

Lovely. I have a 2012 - looks the exact same. I love it. It's unique - feels different to my other guitars and compliments my Ric 325 nicely for early Beatles toons. Is it ladder or x braced? Anyway - enjoy

It works great with Bands & Recording too. Probably the best looking Acoustic Electric Guitar IMO. I'll have to check the bracing. I don't know?

Thanks,

Lucky

Wow, hard to believe I've had mine for 16 years! It's still like new! I play it all the time too.

Yeah, they are great Guitars. Especially Beatles & Brit iInvasion stuff.

Lucky

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know the values of the Tone/Volume Pots and the Capacitor in the J160E? Would they be different than the EJ160E? I have both and would like to rewire the EJ160E. They say that the EJ160E is a P100 and not a P90 as in a J160E. Everyone finds it hard to believe that there is 2 coils in this pickup. Would the values of the capacitor and pots be different? I have asked Gibson for the info 3 times with no response. What is with these guys?

Thanks for your time, and I hope you can help. Sorry if I am in the wrong category here, but it is all I could find right now.

Bruce

Does anyone know the values of the Tone/Volume Pots and the Capacitor in the J160E? Would they be different than the EJ160E? I have both and would like to rewire the EJ160E. They say that the EJ160E is a P100 and not a P90 as in a J160E. Everyone finds it hard to believe that there is 2 coils in this pickup. Would the values of the capacitor and pots be different? I have asked Gibson for the info 3 times with no response. What is with these guys?

Thanks for your time, and I hope you can help. Sorry if I am in the wrong category here, but it is all I could find right now.

Bruce

Hi Bruce

I know nothing about the value of pots but I do have a wiring diagram for the P-100. The volume pot shows a number(part number?) of -- 43-44070028.

The tone pot shows a number of ---13-44070035. The capacitor is a 22000 picofarad.

The P-90 is probably different.

If your pickup is a single coil then it is a P-90. If your pickup is stacked or has two coils one on top of the other then it is a P-100. It pretty obvious so I would imagine you probably have a P-90.

I have the wiring diagram for the P-90 but can't find it right now but will keep looking. I'm probably not helping you at this point. Sorry.

I recently saw an Epiphone version of this Lennon model where the 1/4" electric jack is not placed in the strap pin but several inches lower in the wood. Is this common for the Epi model? Or any Gibson model? Maybe back in 1962?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Archived