Gibson Brands Forums

Living in Canada and need repairs on a Dusk Tiger

Shadowfax217

Hi all! I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this post but I'll try it out. A couple years ago I bought a Gibson Dusk Tiger and unfortunately it hasn't been working at all since I got it. Procrastination got the best of me so here I am, two years later, finally trying to contact Gibson to get it fixed. 'Trying' being the operative word; I've been contacting them through email and phone and have had no response. This has been over the course of a month. They did however send me an auto reply telling me they don't do international repairs.

What should I do here? I've taken the guitar to local authorized dealers who've had it sent to Yorkville for repairs, who in turn, sent it back with a bill and nothing done to it. I have no idea who to contact or who can fix this guitar. If any of you know what a poor ol' simple Canadian guitarist can do to get this thing repaired, please let me know!

Any and all input is much appreciated! Thanks!

Unfortunately because it's been 2 years there will be no warranty in place. Yorkville is the Canadian distributor for Gibson so it went to the right place for service is they would have covered anything at all warranty wise. ...you say it still doesn't work what did yorkville say they did on the receipt?...just curious

not good by any means.. most see a minor nick in the finish and are crying about bad QC.

you say it hadn't worked from day one and two years later.... good luck..

Which Long/McQuade are you dealing with? and yes anything major goes back to Yorkville Sound in Ajax Ontario

did you read the Dusk Tiger warranty?

Warranty Protection

It is extremely important to us that you are satisfied with Dusk Tiger.

Register it and activate your warranty protection by mailing the warranty card included with Dusk Tiger to Gibson

USA, Department W, P.O. Box 100087, Nashville, TN 37210-0087.

If you encounter any kind of problem, contact us as soon as possible so we can make things right.

Once you your warranty protection is active, Dusk Tiger's electronic components are

warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year

from the date of original purchase. Your warranty covers the cost of both labor and materials

on any repair deemed necessary by our Customer Service Representative for the warranty

period, subject to the limitations below. Please note that our warranty belongs to the original

retail purchaser only, and may not be transferred or assigned to subsequent owners.

If Dusk Tiger malfunctions as a result of faulty materials or workmanship, Gibson will

determine whether repair or replacement is more appropriate. In case the original materials

are no longer available for repair, Gibson reserves the right to use materials regularly utilized

at the time of repair.

If we determine that replacing Dusk Tiger best serves your interests, or in the unlikely event

that it is destroyed, lost, or damaged beyond repair while in our possession for repairs, we

will replace the product. If it is no longer available, it will be replaced with the most similar

product whose value does not exceed your original product’s purchase price.

Remember—as a necessary condition to the warranty coverage described in this

section, you must activate your warranty by mailing the warranty card included with

Dusk Tiger to Gibson USA, Department W, P.O. Box 100087, Nashville, TN 37210-0087.

Warranty Limitations

Unfortunately, it is not possible for your product warranty to cover any of the following:

 Any product that has been altered or modified in any way, or upon which any serial or

registration number has been tampered with or altered in any way.

 Any product whose warranty card has been altered or contains false information.

 Any product that has been damaged due to misuse, negligence, accident or improper

operation or storage.

 Any product damaged during shipment. Inspect the package immediately upon

receipt, and notify the carrier immediately if there is damage.

 Any product damaged as a result of extreme temperature, humidity, or the use of an

improper power source.

 Any product not purchased through an authorized dealer, or any product that has had

repairs, modifications or alterations made by an unauthorized service technician.

 Wear and tear based on normal usage.

 Factory installed electronics after more than one year following the original date of

purchase.

Gibson Dusk Tiger Quick Start Manual V1.2, page 3

Gibson makes no other express warranty of any kind. All implied warranties,

including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose that

exceed the specific provisions of the warranty, are expressly and specifically

disclaimed and excluded from the warranty. Note, however, that some states and/or

countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, so this paragraph

may not apply to you. In particular, if you purchased your product outside of the United

States, contact your local distributor for the handling and resolution of all warranty issues, as

the warranty described here is not always applicable.

And of course, Gibson shall not be liable for any special, indirect, consequential, incidental

or other similar damages to you or to any third party, including, without limitation, damages

for loss of profits or business, or damages resulting from use or performance of the product,

whether in contract or tort, even if Gibson or its authorized representative has been advised

of the possibility of such damages, and Gibson shall not be liable for any expenses, claims

or suits arising from or relating to any of the foregoing.

Please do not send a unit in for repair before contacting your customer service

center. They will advise you of the proper procedure for a quick and efficient repair, as well

as provide information on where and how to send your Dusk Tiger

To obtain warranty service, contact the service center nearest you:

US (Toll Free) 1-800-4GIBSON

US (Local) 1-615-871-4500

Email - service@gibson.com

Archived