Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton 2 pro pre order!

Matt4356

Taking a look over guitarguitar site, top of the 'hottest items' wine red sheraton pro!

Comes with epi pro buckets, coil tapping and a graphtech nut! Comes in at £539

Damn I was just getting content with my gear......

I didn't mean to slight it by using "peddling" it looks like a great guitar, i love the pinstripe five piece neck. It's just weird that they put that video, since anyone looking at the sherrie pro and watches that might just say forget it and seek out a '62 reissue

I recently acquired the Epi ES335 Pro. When shopping I also looked at the Sheraton. Aside from a bit more pearl inlays what are the differences. Seems to be the same item just different trim. No slams intended just curious as to the differences. Has anyone had a hands on of both to make a comparison? Spec wise they seem the same.

I recently acquired the Epi ES335 Pro. When shopping I also looked at the Sheraton. Aside from a bit more pearl inlays what are the differences. Seems to be the same item just different trim. No slams intended just curious as to the differences. Has anyone had a hands on of both to make a comparison? Spec wise they seem the same.

the only real difference is the pickups, the nut, and the addition of the wine red finish. the pro has ProBuckers with coil tapping

The Sheraton has ProBucker pickups and the ES 335 Pro has Classic Pro pickups. I don't know how much difference there is between them. The two guitars also have different neck profiles so you might want to play them to check that out.

As for trim the Sheraton comes with gold hardware which looks great, but doesn't seem to hold up as well over time compared with the chrome hardware. Also Sheratons for some reason don't have neck inlays past the 15th fret. That can be remedied with a couple of decals, but it seems like an odd omission to me.

I got mine today. I'll get some pics and a better review when I have more time to spend with it. Over the build quality seems good setup out of the box is great. The finish is a very dark wine red, very beautiful. The only problem although minor, is it seems that no one in china can put knobs on straight. Even the inspectors on the USA side won't fix them. Other than that it seems to be a great guitar.

Even the inspectors on the USA side won't fix them. Other than that it seems to be a great guitar.

HA!

Saw you ordered from Sweetwater? Guess their 55 points did not catch that either!

I have been hit or miss with them through the years on guitars. 2 had major problems though to their credit offered to make it right........but both were so obvious had they really done the 55 point thing would have caught them at the time and pointed that out to them.

Like their business model and the last one I ordered got everything right so still a customer when they have something I can get from them spend my money there when possible.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived