Gibson Brands Forums

Need help identifying what guitar this is!

Mchianese

I have no idea what guitar this is, I cannot even find a serial number.

Any thoughts?

It looks like a guitar my buddy had in high school (he still has it) The brand on his was called an Alpha.. So we call his the Alpha Paul.

It looks like a guitar my buddy had in high school (he still has it) The brand on his was called an Alpha.. So we call his the Alpha Paul.

Thanks man. I am looking up "Alpha" electric guitars with not much luck quite yet but i'll keep at it. I've never seen a guitar with all the effects on the guitar itself like this one it's crazy.

Thanks man. I am looking up "Alpha" electric guitars with not much luck quite yet but i'll keep at it. I've never seen a guitar with all the effects on the guitar itself like this one it's crazy.

He took all that stuff out of his and put a gibson pup in the bridge and let the neck empty and it sounded awsome. I believe it's from the late 70's early 80's. If it is playable put in some good pups and it will sound good. If ya want to sell it let me know. My buddy is playing a 78 les paul and we need to do some work to his alpha. It's a sentamental guitar, we played our first shows together with it back in 1992 when we were in high school.

Archived