Gibson Brands Forums

Sam Bush Mandolin neck profile

I'm in the market for a Sam Bush F5 mandolin and I wondered whether anybody had experience of this model over the years. From discussion with owners (and from trying a couple of early models) my impression was that the neck profile was definitely a 'V'shape.

I was talking to the owner of a 2007 model recently and he was firmly of the opinion that the neck profile is a 'D'.

I don't want to snap up an early model only to be disapointed with the neck shape.

Any ideas?

I recently bought an F5 Fern but had to order it sight unseen because none ever show up in my area.

About a month ago I visited The Music Outlet in Sevierville TN. They a few Gibson mandolin's. I would give them or Mandolin Brothers a call. They should be able to answer you.

Good Luck

I recently bought an F5 Fern but had to order it sight unseen because none ever show up in my area.

About a month ago I visited The Music Outlet in Sevierville TN. They a few Gibson mandolin's. I would give them or Mandolin Brothers a call. They should be able to answer you.

Good Luck

Good idea Dave F, I'll give that a try and see if I have any luck.

Archived