Gibson Brands Forums

gibson les paul dc pro / les paul standard

lolo_guitar

hello

i prefer the les paul dc pro or lite or dc standard because it seems it is easy to play

but i read some comments: the sound would be not as warm /fat as the standard because of this particular axcess to the highest frets?

i don't know

if you have a les paul double cut, tell us !

i am talking about THE LES PAUL STANDARD DC OR DC PRO OR LITE

Yeah I have a DC Special with P90s... Never tried a DC Standard but id really like too...

And yes the playability is what makes (IMO) the DC one of the best Les Paul designs there is.. Like an SG you can get right up there no issue...

As for sound.. Well as I say I have a Special which is a slab guitar with no maple top but I think it sounds great, its quite a dark roaring guitar... A DC Standard will pretty much be in the same ball park as a Single Cut LP... Obviously there will be slight differences but there are between all guitars.. Nothing that cant be fixed with some EQ tweaks or a pedal or two... but it will still sound like a good Gibson should.

if Gibson does not make a new DC

i think that the best Les paul Standard is the double cut and 24 FRET !!! so, an old and used one

the sound / the playability :) hard choice

after, we can add a new floyd rose if we want :))

Well the two last made were the special

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2015/USA/Les-Paul-Special-Double-Cutaway-en.aspx

and the DC Classic which came out like last October or something

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Classic-Double-Cutaway.aspx

i know the red one

very good but the les paul standard has 4 knobs

and if i had to choose i'd prefer an old one with 24 frets

AmberLPfull.jpg

Gibson-Les-Paul-DC-Double-Cut-Pro.jpg

Archived