Gibson Brands Forums

Steinberger tuners on Firebird

Bikini red

I've got an 8 year old white Firebird which has banjo tuners. They've never been great and I don't really play it much because of the tuning problems which is a shame as its a great sounding/looking guitar when its in tune! I have tried to upgrade to Steinberger tuners, the same as the ones that are now fitted to new Firebirds, but cannot find any anywhere. A guitar tech has said he'll fit them if I can find them and wished me luck! Has anybody any ideas where I can get a set? (Silver ones btw)

I'd like those tuners if you are going to sell them. I'm on my 3rd Firebird in 42 years ... never had a problem with the banjo tuners. I'm using her more than I ever did and would like to have a set for backup. Mine is a 2004 FBV. The guy in the post above me is younger than me so sell 'em to me first and I'll pass 'em on down to him just before I croak [thumbup]

Hi Folks,

OK OK OK ... I can't keep it secret anymore. Since Gibson will not sell us banjo tuners and, God knows I've called them a million times over the past 15 years trying to get some, I have finally found the real deal.

They will be available in the next week or so from http://tubesandmore.com website (Arizona) for about $150 per set. Rob has already set aside a set of Gold ones for me. They've been brought in by WD Music in Florida from my favorite aftermarket parts supplier - KLUSON. Kluson, if you remember, has historically played a major role in Gibson guitar components - especially their tuners.

Anyways, they are the real deal in every way shape and form and come in all three finishes - Gold, Nickel and Chrome. You will find them in the downloadable Kluson 2015 catalog only. Sorry Steinburgers .. a bird ain't a bird without banjos. [rolleyes]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

never mind. got my tuners today and installed them.

Congratulations .. I'm getting my Gold ones next week. I'm sure they were a perfect fit for you!! Did you get them from tubesandmore.com? Love your country! I have a very good acquaintance there who is trying to set me up a circuit of gigs in various Blues clubs there and elsewhere in Scandinavia.

Congratulations .. I'm getting my Gold ones next week. I'm sure they were a perfect fit for you!! Did you get them from tubesandmore.com? Love your country! I have a very good acquaintance there who is trying to set me up a circuit of gigs in various Blues clubs there and elsewhere in Scandinavia.

hi :) the holes in the headstock were a little bit tight for the bushers,but it all came together in the end. got them from wdmusic.com actually. really expensive . thanks , Norway is beautiful yes,but it can be a little harsh during the blizzards during the wintertime,lol

hi :) the holes in the headstock were a little bit tight for the bushers,but it all came together in the end. got them from wdmusic.com actually. really expensive . thanks , Norway is beautiful yes,but it can be a little harsh during the blizzards during the wintertime,lol

Good Job Marius! Maybe our new banjo tuners will jam together when I get there. My buddy Ernst comes here to Florida from Norway for 4 weeks every year to escape the coldest times of year in Norway. Maybe we'll swap houses for the event and I will go live in his over there and he and his family in mine over here [rolleyes] ... a dream come true!

I'm sorry you had to pay so much. WD Music is a major distributor of parts and sells everything at suggested list price. In the future, try tubesandmore.com - they discount heavily and re-sell a lot of Kluson stock!

All the best!!

Archived