Gibson Brands Forums

DR212 is it real or memorex

agradeleous

Ok guess I've been getting myself into trouble again over the DR212

The questions are over its build construction

Epi says select spruce top to me that's laminate ?

On one the front page it says body is mahogany no word solid in front of it . That says laminate as well

But if you go to the tab that has the body specs it says there all solid mahogany .

Now I have to admit if it's solid I screwed up but what floors me is it being solid with the lam top it's like one step away from being a masterbilt .

The price is great as is but knowing its has all solid back and sides that's pretty amazing .

Your thoughts and free plugs at me and my gift for trouble lol

Epi says select spruce top to me that's laminate ?

On one the front page it says body is mahogany no word solid in front of it . That says laminate as well

But if you go to the tab that has the body specs it says there all solid mahogany .

That can't be right. It can't be solid for 200 bucks, and it wouldn't be solid if the top isn't, which it isn't. That page is messed up. I notice the specs page has an error too. They apparently got the nut width right at 1.75, but then they say the scale is 1.68. :rolleyes: You're right on the first two lines above. It's got to be all laminate.

I hear ya but people on the Epi page are fighting back lol in a nice way . Just hate it when I wrong also there's an YouTube vid from Europe i watched and he said it was solid .

I believe some manufacturers are claiming all solid because they use all mahogany layers . Now I can't back this up but I swear I read it somewhere

Archived