Gibson Brands Forums

CS-336 Wildwood Spec. Bought new 2 months ago.

arlum

I thought I'd upload a few pictures of the guitar purchase that led me to the Gibson Forum. I bought my CS-336 at Wildwood Guitars from their Wildwood Spec. series and it's just a wonderful instrument to own and play. The Wildwood specifications were hand selected woods and custom wound Gibson Custombuckers. Wild wood had the pickups wound for a lower output than the standard custom shop custombuckers in a range of 7.2 to 7.4 K ohms for the neck pickup and 7.6 to 7.8 K ohms for the bridge pickup. The pickups use AlNiCo 3 magnets. A sweet '50s voiced pickup set. Beautiful tone from a beautiful guitar. I couldn't be more pleased.

6663cb27-9550-444f-bc3e-fb5ca66629eb_zpsypwhyalr.jpg

1b363670-636e-4e35-8ea9-5783f3380cc8_zpsvq4mkdsa.jpg

Copy%201%20of%20IMG_0752_zpsacss7yuu.jpg

IMG_0738%20-%20Copy_zpsxzfummah.jpg

IMG_0756%20-%20Copy_zpsknak5jjg.jpg

Copy%201%20of%20IMG_0763_zpsef3u5kei.jpg

That is the BIGGEST awesome top that I've ever seen. If I had that guitar, I would finally break down and buy one of rhose comfortable guitar playing chairs. I would be playing too many hours per day to stand up. Gorgeous guitar Arlum!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a little late seeing this one.

Congratulations!!! [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

That is just one awesome looking instrument. Love the top on yours!

I stumbled across a 2008 CS356 about a year and a half ago (pretty much the same guitar as your CS336), and it's a model I didn't even know was around. I picked it up and started playing it and was immediately hooked and had to buy it. That's cool that you got your pick ups custom wound. The range of your pick ups is right in line with the old Tim Shaw pick ups from the early/mid 80's.

Enjoy it!!! [thumbup]

HNGD (two months old, anyway)!!! :)

• 2 months later...

So now it's November and it seems I've stopped looking at new guitar, amplifier, effect pedal, and accessory purchases. During 2014 and 2015 I completed a multiple decade shopping trip for everything electric guitar. Now that I've found the best of everything for me I guess I'll start unloading some of the "tried but didn't quite make the cut" models. I'll be 61 in January so this has been a long shopping trip by any scale. I really think at this point I'm done. My CS336 was my single most expensive purchase as well as the final nail in the shopping coffin. My only regret is that I didn't buy it when I came across it during the CS336's first year of production. The model I played then didn't have the looks of the one I now own but I gave up at least a dozen years of having one in my hands and I'll never get those years back. When I first played one I just automatically handed it back because of the price. I knew the CS336 was me. I knew it was everything I'd ever dreamed of in an electric guitar. It wasn't just "so cool" or "folks will envy me" or "somehow Gibson and I are on the identical wave length". The CS336 was me from the time I sat it on my leg, held the neck in my hand and began to play. It was the perfect electric guitar dream realized.

So now I've traveled somewhat down the road with my dream axe and have only fallen more in love. I'll keep three acoustics, (a 6 string, 12 string and baritone), four electrics, (my Gibson CS336, Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster, Melancon Custom Telecaster and a Gibson 2002 Les Paul Studio that sounds like God's voice).

I'm done.

I couldn't be happier!

• 2 weeks later...

I love a happy ending! That's a great looking 356. Congrats

My CS-356 has been my constant inspiration since the day I took a great leap of faith and bought it long-distance in 2003. Glad I've been it's caretaker these last 12 years, and hope for many, many more.

• 3 months later...

I started three months ago making knives, those grind lines are really nice. I think your quality is just fine. You will only get better with time. It is a hard skill to learn, especially free hand it took me a month to get it right.

P.S.:

ПРИКИНЬТЕ ДОЛЛАР СНОВА БУДЕТ СТОИТЬ 30 РУБЛЕЙ!!! ВОТ ТАК НОВОСТЬ!!! ПОДРОБНЕЕ ТУТ

• 1 year later...

OK. Two years down the road. Perfection. Nothing has gone wrong or failed or whatever. I own / have owned over 30 electric guitars from both major guitar builders like Gibson, Gibson Custom Shop, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Ibanez "Prestige" and boutique builders like Suhr, Melancon, etc.. My Wildwood Spec. Gibson CS-336 is one of the top two electric guitars I've ever owned. It's truly a wonderful instrument in every respect.

OK. Two years down the road. Perfection. Nothing has gone wrong or failed or whatever. I own / have owned over 30 electric guitars from both major guitar builders like Gibson, Gibson Custom Shop, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Ibanez "Prestige" and boutique builders like Suhr, Melancon, etc.. My Wildwood Spec. Gibson CS-336 is one of the top two electric guitars I've ever owned. It's truly a wonderful instrument in every respect.

Glad you are still enjoying that beautiful 336. I bought one in 2003 and have loved it ever since. It is up for sale now though as I just got a 356 and I don't need two that are essentially the same.

rt2zc7f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived