Gibson Brands Forums

UPDATED WITH PICS /Gibson Memphis ES-Les Paul Bass

Frances50

Does anyone have or has anyone played one of the Gibson Memphis ES-Les Paul Bass guitars? I have been taking rhythm guitar lessons for about two years but recently I have been going to Guitar Center's group bass lessons and I'm hooked. I've played the Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass and I liked it but the Gibson fascinates me. My 335 is by far my best electric guitar. I like the idea of the short scale on the Gibson bass but I'd have to order it from Sweetwater since GC doesn't carry one. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Just ordered one from Sweetwater. Never mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you got the bass yet?

I didnt even know about these

No, it's due to be shipped today (I think). I really didn't know much about them either until I saw them on Sweetwater's website. Then did some research. They've been around for awhile but the 2015 models were demoed at NAMM this year. You can probably pull the video up on YouTube. Everyone seems to downgrade the short scale and Gibson basses in general, however, this will be a secondary passion for me. It's just a hobby, I won't be recording or performing with it. Beautiful guitars. And I love Gibson guitars anyway. Don't see how I can go wrong.

No, it's due to be shipped today (I think). I really didn't know much about them either until I saw them on Sweetwater's website. Then did some research. They've been around for awhile but the 2015 models were demoed at NAMM this year. You can probably pull the video up on YouTube. Everyone seems to downgrade the short scale and Gibson basses in general, however, this will be a secondary passion for me. It's just a hobby, I won't be recording or performing with it. Beautiful guitars. And I love Gibson guitars anyway. Don't see how I can go wrong.

My bass shipped today. post-59168-051603200 1435618137_thumb.jpg

I got the bass and it's drop dead gorgeous. It has flat wounds and while I'm no bass expert, I love them. I like the short scale; makes it much easier for me. I bought a Fender Rumble 40 amp and it sound amazing. I'll be taking it to group bass lessons next Wednesday and I expect a lot of drooling at Guitar Center when I pull her out of her case.

Archived