Gibson Brands Forums

guitar self tuning system

the dog

Guest Farnsbarns

Yeah.. that's not REAL tuning.. like the G-Force :).. that's a midi or some kind of digital tuning system (I think) which have been around for ages...

Like this one.. and it doesn't have an ugly interface like that one shown in the article you posted.

You didn't read it did you? [biggrin]

You didn't read it did you? [biggrin]

[blush] lol.. obviously not.....

Errm... I also just watched the video concentrating on the tuning pegs waiting for them to move (Gibson brainwashed :P)..

Then I just re-read it and watched it full screen.. I didn't even notice the system under the bridge...

Interesting method....

But still... kinda ugly...... and id still rather just tune my guitar normally myself :)

(also kind of amusing he chose a LP to demo an auto tune system on :))

What ever happened to Ear training or pitch pipe or piano???

Seems we need some electronic gizmo in every facet of our daily lives .

No thanks, I will tune my own.

Thanx.

X

Jimmy Page has been using that system since the early 90's. That's the first place I saw a servo based guitar tuning system was on his Les Paul. Much like the Gibson Robots though it takes a lot of routing and wiring to install that system. I like the G-Force better as , aside from the tuners, it leaves the guitar alone for the most part.

Yea, it's hard to believe that Jimmy Page and Peter Frampton are so stupid that they never learned to tune a guitar. Geeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss [rolleyes]

Just seems like more crap to go wrong to me. KISS- ( Keep It Simple Stupid ! )

Yea, it's hard to believe that Jimmy Page and Peter Frampton are so stupid that they never learned to tune a guitar. Geeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss [rolleyes]

Their roadies would do it all for them anyway, including changing strings..... [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

That's what my 70 year old dad says about needing an amplifier.

[lol]

I say fk the self tuning because now people are offering me more for my LP because it lacks the self-tuner. And by people I mean 20-something-year-olds. I can tune my guitar by sight and ear, thanks [flapper]

It reminds me of the mega complicated 80s guitars that now hang in pawnshops...buttons and bleeblops no one really cares about today.

A good friend of mine bought his son a new GLP for Christmas with the e-tune system. He plays in a big aband and adjusting for different keys and tunings between songs gave this a huge advantage. Problem: he had to go back to the store for tech support to teach him how to change a string. Apparently it is not obvious....

1434650773[/url]' post='1668051']

Archived