Gibson Brands Forums

Ron Wood played and Signed model

Twisted sister

http://www2.gibson.com/products/electric-guitars/2015/custom/ron-wood-l-5s.aspx

Nice looking. Only 3 buttons and switches which I like. Simplicity.

Black nitro cellulose. I've always been partial to the black Les Pauls.

All maple

Burst Bucker PU's.

Gold hardware

Treble/rythem switch relocated next to the volume knobs.

No pick guard

Archtop front and back.

Square not trapezoid inlays.

$5400 msrp should able to find them at $4500 shouldn't you? Yet they sell for way above that.

Odd though: his name isn't on the guitar.

One of my favorite guitars I've seen him play had Woody Woodpecker neck inlays. Wonder why they didn't do tht with this guitar?

Is 6899 a good deal for the signed and played version?

All maple

Burst Bucker PU's.

Gold hardware

No pick guard

Archtop front and back.

$5400 msrp should able to find them at $4500 shouldn't you? Yet they sell for way above that.

One of my favorite guitars I've seen him play had Woody Woodpecker neck inlays. Wonder why they didn't do tht with this guitar?

That's outta my income bracket so I cant say if that is a good or bad price. I'm still trying to decide if I like the gold hardware. Usually I'm not partial to gold teeth either plus I can't remember if I've seen Woods with a gold hardware Les Paul. Usually he has silver but he plays a lot of different guitars. More than most people. Keith Richards is commonly seen on his Tele but Woods never struck me as partial to any one guitar although he does play LPs a lot. He plays a lot of Fenders too. Seems like you never see him play the same guitar twice. Sometimes he plays guitars he borrowed on the spot.

Look at the guitar Richards and Simon have. Richrd's L5 has two control knobs but the three-way switch is up high in font like all LPs. Somon's guitar has 4 control knobs but the three-way switch is down low in the back. Both have aspects of the Ron Wood LP which has two knobs AND the three-way switch down low in the back. It has the features of the Richards and Simon guitar all in one guitar.

But is that worth $7000?

I am instinctively against many of these 'signed by' custom creations...

But for many people they can provide 'mojo' like no other

And as an investment can add a unique factor

Ron plays many and varied electric and acoustic guitars so keeps players interested in them

And helps sell much product

V

:-({|=

The Ron Wood signature Les Paul is a beautiful guitar but I've never seen him play a guitar like that. Other than the first 50 signed copies what does Woods have to do with that guitar?

If I designed a Ron Wood guitar I would design a Zemaitis like his "Stay With Me" guitar that got stolen. Although Wood's website says it's still in his hands.

http://ronniewood.com/News/RonniesNextGuitars

The 5400 price is for the unsigned model. This seller had the signed guitar down to 6599 and then raised the price back up again before I could grab it. I am assuming that most of the 50 signed models have been sold hence the price increase? Well I almost bought one at a good price.

All maple

Burst Bucker PU's.

Gold hardware

No pick guard

Archtop front and back.

• 2 months later...

Archived