Gibson Brands Forums

comparison of new LP

lolo_guitar

hi

1)

i would like to know if it's possible to know which Les paul 2015 has the easiest way to get the highest frets

i know it's under the neck: this piece of wood which is a problem

so, do you know (reading the les paul website ) if it's the les paul standard

studio shred

les paul lesss

les paul supreme

or les paul traditionnel

les paul studio or classic ?

2) i would like to know which one has a great output (dc resistance ) for the bridge pickup to play hard rock heavy metal and have harmonics without changing pickups?

i know the 498t

that's all

hi

1)

i would like to know if it's possible to know which Les paul 2015 has the easiest way to get the highest frets

i know it's under the neck: this piece of wood which is a problem

so, do you know (reading the les paul website ) if it's the les paul standard

studio shred

les paul lesss

les paul supreme

or les paul traditionnel

les paul studio or classic ?

2) i would like to know which one has a great output (dc resistance ) for the bridge pickup to play hard rock heavy metal and have harmonics without changing pickups?

i know the 498t

that's all

hi lolo,

You can check out the specs the same as anybody else. This is a logical place to start.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars.aspx

good luck

-evans

hi

1)

Hello!

The answer is Les Paul Less. The rest of the models You have listed will be the same.

By the way, now that I have a real Stratocaster for the first time, I can tell You the fret access is not different than on a Les Paul.

Cheers... Bence

Hey lolo-

Why a 2015?

This from a newcomer to the world of Gibson (i.e. ME);

You may be looking for an SG! Gots ever' thing you're looking for; unlimited upper fret access; and I think at least some models still come with a 498T in the bridge. Of course...IT'S NOT a Les Paul...but I mean hey, if Iommi plays one (he's a hard rock / metal guy)!

Happy Hunting!

Brian

I think the easiest fret access question has been answered LES PAUL SG Custom

If your talking the standard Les Paul shape with thick body, I'd say the Shred or Access have a sculpted neck heel & should be looked at..

As far as pickups It really depends on what you want & what years your looking at..

The 500T & Dirty Fingers IMO Had the highest output & are Ceramic pickups, My 1994 Studio Lite M-III has them factory & their Super Hot!!

1994 Gibson Studio Lite MIII 500T-B NSX-M 496R-N

a2711910-f1c3-4e3f-87a3-b5d41fb416e0.jpg

9 way switching = 4 Humbucking & 5 Single Coil Tones

gibson_pickups_output-chart.jpg

Archived