Gibson Brands Forums

Finally came in the mail today!

Guitar God

Got 48 of the .96 heave black and red EBE Universal The Original EBE Pik and got a free Jesus Saves pick in the same gauge. [biggrin] Started using these again a few months back when I found out you can still get them. Though they quit making them for a long time after one local music store quit carrying them and I never seen them anywhere else. Loved these picks when I very first started playing guitar. Love them now. Curious to see if anybody else on here uses these or have tried them and have any thoughts on them.

yKYBhD2.jpg

Dude...those things bring back memories. Back when I started playing guitar about 10 years ago, my very first guitar pick was one of those...a grey one. I've moved on to much thicker picks now (2mm), but it sure brings me back...

-Ryan

Dude...those things bring back memories. Back when I started playing guitar about 10 years ago, my very first guitar pick was one of those...a grey one. I've moved on to much thicker picks now (2mm), but it sure brings me back...

-Ryan

Dude, same here! I started playing back in 2000 when I was 8 years old, these were the first picks I got aside from the ones that came with my first guitar in the starter pack. Here's their site if you ever decide to order some:

http://www.alienpick.com/store/

can you tell me about these picks?... never heard of them....why are they special to you?

Their first pick came out in 1992. The Original EBE Pik, which are the ones I got, were the firsts ones to come out. They majority of their picks are alien related, except for the Jesus Saves pick they offer. Only gauges they offer is .46mm, .71mm, and .96mm. They offer straps and other accessories, too, like egg shakers, pick magnets, baseball caps, key chains, pick necklace, pick earrings, and watches. They feel really good. Why are they special to me? Because for one they were the first picks I got when I first started playing guitar back in 2000 aside from the ones that came with my first guitar and I always loved them. One music store carried them when I first started playing guitar and after awhile quit carrying them and I thought they were discontinued for the longest time until several months back when I found out you can still get them, so ordered some and started using them again. Here's their site if you're interested in checking them out:

http://www.alienpick.com/store/

Archived