Gibson Brands Forums

G-Force won't turn on

jcambers

I borrowed a 2015 Les Paul Deluxe (goldtop) over the weekend. I love the guitar. Plays great, sounds great.

I spent some time with the G-Force system; tried a few different pre-set tunings and, for the most part, it worked well.

I took it to church Sunday morning to try during the set. I inserted it, pressed the "on" button (lower right corner) and nothing came on. No lights, no nothing. So, I figured I needed to charge it.

I plugged it into the adaptor, red light turned on (meaning is needed to be charged), waited for an hour or more until the green light came on the adaptor (meaning it's charged), and inserted the battery back into the headstock system (correctly, obviously). Nothing. Again, no lights. Didn't go on at all. I tried the charging process again but the green light automatically came on when I plugged the adaptor in again (likely, because it was fully charged). I also tried "resetting" the system but nothing.

It's a brand new guitar; never been used before outside the store.

Anybody else have this problem? Manual said nothing about this particular problem.

• 1 month later...

I also have this same problem. Bought this Gibson Guitar just a few hours ago, charger shows green light charged but the turner will not turn on. FYI the battery will only go in one way and one way only and lock in place, push in again to remove to charge. I put the in the battery and I get nothing, no lights, zip, zero, Nada.

I borrowed a 2015 Les Paul Deluxe (goldtop) over the weekend. I love the guitar. Plays great, sounds great.

I spent some time with the G-Force system; tried a few different pre-set tunings and, for the most part, it worked well.

I took it to church Sunday morning to try during the set. I inserted it, pressed the "on" button (lower right corner) and nothing came on. No lights, no nothing. So, I figured I needed to charge it.

I plugged it into the adaptor, red light turned on (meaning is needed to be charged), waited for an hour or more until the green light came on the adaptor (meaning it's charged), and inserted the battery back into the headstock system (correctly, obviously). Nothing. Again, no lights. Didn't go on at all. I tried the charging process again but the green light automatically came on when I plugged the adaptor in again (likely, because it was fully charged). I also tried "resetting" the system but nothing.

It's a brand new guitar; never been used before outside the store.

Anybody else have this problem? Manual said nothing about this particular problem.

You ever get a reply from Gibsom? If so what did they say or do.

I also have this same problem. Bought this Gibson Guitar just a few hours ago, charger shows green light charged but the turner will not turn on. FYI the battery will only go in one way and one way only and lock in place, push in again to remove to charge. I put the in the battery and I get nothing, no lights, zip, zero, Nada.

I have seen report of one unit where someone tried to install the battery backwards and broke the battery case. The unit still worked but had to be taped together.

I would return the guitar if I were you.

• 1 year later...

Yes, I was in contact with a sales rep from Tronical and the usual procedures (pictures of inside the battery compartment, battery contacts etc), they have agreed to send me a new electronic as warranty replacement. The customer service was excellent, very responsive and respectful. Kudos to Chris Adams on a well run company. I have not received the new board yet. Will keep you posted.

Archived