Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul less+

hoross

Heard many good things about the les Paul less plus altough I cant try it nowhere.

I play 26 years guitar and owned studio's,lpj,standard,traditional and classics so I wonder if this one is worth the bucks compared to a standard or trad.

I gave one the shake down @ GC a couple months ago..

It has a thin body like the Custom Lite & a belly scoupe & coil tap switch too..

Other than that It was a Classic as far as woods, inlays etc..

They were very interesting to me as I has an 1988 Custom Lite Black Beauty & it felt like that to me..

Now if we could just get the price Wizard to give us a break maybe we'd start buying some new guitars from Gibson..

When the 2016s come out & they start running inventory reduction sales..

I like the Less Paul less plus

Should have been called the Classic Lite

Look how thin the body is, Think SG Thick..

aeb1ca16ba1d09e86243edca190053bb.image.1140x760.jpg

LPLP15HSNH1_m.jpg

Looks like Traditional weight relief and P-90's. The thing that I would miss is the Coil Splitting. My Peace doesn't have it, and I wish that it did.

Is there more than one version? Because the one near me has 'Electronics: 57 Classic and Classic plus in Double black exposed coils , Mini Toggle coil split'

http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-body-electric-guitars/pid35941/cid671/gibson-usa-2015-les-paul-less-plus-in-fireburst.asp

It seems to be very well specified & well featured. The price is not too bad either.

That reduced body weight would be great for those five hour Saturday night gigs. I looked at that side-view and my neck instantly relaxed. You may lose some sustain, but the reduction in pain would be worth it.

iI have one, like the lighter weight. Sound /sustain does not compare to my '80 Heritage Elite, or the 1958 Std, I used to own. The electronics are quite noisy, which is insulting for a guitar this price. Have to insulate the cavities later this month. I paid about $1K under list. Thats about what its worth. Gibson is really having problems, confirmed last week when I called them about the pos nut some asshole hallucinated was a good idea.

Archived