Gibson Brands Forums

quick connect pick up

Rob Lambert

Hi. Apologies for this newby question which probably has a simple answer. I've got a 2011 sg and i've bought an angus young quick connect pickup. The existing bridge pickup has a braided wire wrapped around the ground and a two pin connector plugged into the circuit board. Simple. The new pickup does not have a braided wire and has a 5 pin connector. It does though come with an adaptor to connect to the 5 pin connection. The problem is that the other end of the adaptor splits into 2 connectors to attach to the circuit board (one being a 2 pin and the other a 3 pin). So one end will successfully attach to the correct vacant place on the circuit board but there's another end not attached anywhere. The very basic diagram in the box suggests that it should attach to the circuit board but there's nowhere to connect it. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for these replies. Looking forward to trying it. Realised at the last minute that I can't just loosen the strings to fit the pup as its got a full pickguard!! Just need some new strings now and I'm sorted. Thanks again.

Hi Rob, let us know how it goes, and don't forget to post photos of your SG. [thumbup]

Love the tones from the Angus Young pup :)

kind regards, Emma :)

Archived