Gibson Brands Forums

So heartbreaking

Guitar God

Seen this on the local news site that two senior dogs in the U.K. were abandoned and now in the shelter. One of them is blind and uses the other as a guide and says they are best buddies and needs to be kept together and the dogs can't stand to be away from each other. It's stuff like this that burns me up so much seeing two innocent, senior animals just be abandoned and left for nothing. Breaks my heart so much. [crying] People are so cruel. Says they were found in the U.K., but not exactly where. Hoping someone here that's from there can find out where these dogs are at and give them the great rest of their life they deserve.

http://wjhl.com/2015...campaign=buffer

[crying] I have always had a soft spot for Golden Paws.

I have two old ladies and they're the best little pooches.

Hope those two get the home they need.

I do, too! I'm an animal lover BIG TIME. This kills me so much. It just sickens me so much that people throw out animals just because of old age and having a condition like the one here being blind. What's more heartbreaking to me is that when animals like this end up in shelters they often get overlooked because of age and medical conditions along with age. This kind of stuff should not happen. To me, that should not matter. What matters more to me is giving that senior dog or cat the last few years of his/her life happy. Pets are family and best friends.

From today's Daily Telegraph, U.K -

Buzz, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, is Glenn’s very own ‘guide dog’. He has been seen leading Glenn while on walks, helping him find his food and assisting him getting into bed.

The pair were recently found abandoned in a sea tunnel in Hartlepool, County Durham, and were rescued by Stray Aid, a rehoming centre for dogs in Coxhoe.

The dogs are believed to be roughly 10 years old and it is thought they were abandoned because of their age and Glenn’s vision problems.

Hannah Critchlow, a Stray Aid volunteer, told ABC News: “They instantly had a bond when they came in, so we kept them together. Whenever they're separated they start crying and barking for each other.”

"They have to stay together," she added.

There is good news for the dogs, the rescue centre has already had over 20 calls from people interested in adopting them.

"Some dogs are here months and months and not one person looks at them or has interest, so there's an unusual amount of interest in them," Ms Critchlow said. "Everyone is in love with them, and they're both just so friendly, lovable and very chill."

----------------------------------------

So it will be o.k.

I completely agree with your sentiments though.

Regards!

From today's Daily Telegraph, U.K -

Buzz, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, is Glenn’s very own ‘guide dog’. He has been seen leading Glenn while on walks, helping him find his food and assisting him getting into bed.

The pair were recently found abandoned in a sea tunnel in Hartlepool, County Durham, and were rescued by Stray Aid, a rehoming centre for dogs in Coxhoe.

The dogs are believed to be roughly 10 years old and it is thought they were abandoned because of their age and Glenn’s vision problems.

Hannah Critchlow, a Stray Aid volunteer, told ABC News: “They instantly had a bond when they came in, so we kept them together. Whenever they're separated they start crying and barking for each other.”

"They have to stay together," she added.

There is good news for the dogs, the rescue centre has already had over 20 calls from people interested in adopting them.

"Some dogs are here months and months and not one person looks at them or has interest, so there's an unusual amount of interest in them," Ms Critchlow said. "Everyone is in love with them, and they're both just so friendly, lovable and very chill."

So it will be o.k.

Regards!

Super glad they have been getting that many calls! I'm a big time animal lover and it just fumes me an upsets me that people will do stuff like this. That article made me feel better. Hope they get adopted! Sounds like they will, since that shelter has gotten that many calls.

So it will be o.k.

Regards!

YAY!

Here's hoping their lives end well together. Stories like this, enforce my liking of most dogs over a majority of humans. Our two little guys, seem to run our household. And we don't complain. lPcodIX.gif

Guest Farnsbarns

Glad to hear this has worked out well.

Google Patrick the wonder dog but be prepared to get very angry.

I am happy to hear that Buzz and Glenn are getting phone calls, and that they will find their forever home together.

My wife and I are big time dog lovers, and all our four-legged family members over the years have been rescue-pups.

I remember a similar story a few years back. I can't understand why someone would do this. If it's because of someone dying, yes. I rescued a Jack Russell that was about to be killed. The owner had already strangled one of them and this one was next ( I knew of the family, very rough and not to be messed with) so I drove to the house and asked if I could have the dog. He was keeping it in the shed in the garden and he just gave him to me. He was lovely, but very nervous. If you approached him from above, he'd wet himself every time. So, he got on with my two staffs, but not being house trained he made my young staff dirty again. So I contacted the Blue Cross rescue and asked them to find him a home. Very quickly a family were found and I met them. They adopted him and he's really happy in his new home. The moral here? Never turn your back on a dog in need.

Archived