Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!

darling67

Upon playing a co-worker's LP Studio, I decided it was high time I got myself a Les Paul! Long overdue…

So I tracked-down a 2013 Studio Deluxe II in our Bakersfield, CA store and had it shipped down! I opted for honeyburst. Vintage sunburst always looks cool, but I like the lightness of the honeyburst. It came with a black PG, but I promptly replaced it with a creme PG—looks way better.

My phone's camera is a sad thing… so these pics don't do this beauty justice! Played it through a VOX AC-15 a few nights ago, and she sounds awesome.

Many Congrats and a HNGD, d67!

Studios are shamefully underrated guitars IMO.

[thumbup]

...It came with a black PG, but I promptly replaced it with a creme PG—looks way better...

Are you considering swapping out the other plastics as well?

It doesn't matter, of course, but I think it would get really close to the 'classic' looks of a Standard if you went down that route.

Either way it's a fine looking guitar.

Have Fun!

P.

Looks great. I wouldnt have known it was a studio.

I know, right? It's really high end-looking.

killer [thumbup] love the color too

Thanks!

Many Congrats and a HNGD, d67!

Studios are shamefully underrated guitars IMO.

[thumbup]

Are you considering swapping out the other plastics as well?

It doesn't matter, of course, but I think it would get really close to the 'classic' looks of a Standard if you went down that route.

Either way it's a fine looking guitar.

Have Fun!

P.

Hey Pippy! Thanks.

I think the PG is the only swap I am going to make—at this time, at least. I've had it suggested to me that I swap-out the pickup frames, and put gold knobs on it. But I kind'a like where it's at now.

Love the honey burst on that one. Very nice.

Congrats and enjoy. . B)

Thanks, BigKahune!

Studios are great and underated as pippy pointed out. I've never met one I didn't like. Can't say the same for the other models of LP's....

They are, indeed… and it's a 2013—so I've avoided all the added gunk of the '14 and '15 models. [biggrin]

Oh My GOODness!

rct

[rolleyes]

Nice Studio. I know you are enjoying yours as much as I am mine. Does your also have the boost switching in it? Congrats and welcome to the Studio Club.

Yes, it does Chuck. I've yet to really figure out the benefit of it. As of now, I keep the knobs in the "down" position. :-k

Fantastic guitar.

I love the finish, the naked pickups, and the overall groove.

Play her loudly, and she will amaze you with the fat harmonics you will find.

[love]

DANG! That is one SCHWEET lookin' guitar! Always have loved 'bursts- yours being no exception! Enjoy it!

Brian

Thanks, Gentlemen!

Yeah, I just played her loudly tonight... [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my that is special; great choice with the Honeyburst [thumbup] HNGD!

Thanks, Pesh!

I was prepared to go with the vintage sunburst—as I figured that was the only finish I'd find, being this model is a 2013 discontinued. But when the guy at GC told me he had all three finishes in his store, I jumped at the honeyburst!

Archived