Gibson Brands Forums

Midtown Custom for Thomann

periklistsoukalas

hello

Today i got a midtown custom from Thomann ( Germany ).The shop declares this model is specially made for the shop. ( i don't know the differences of the normal production model line )Still i can't identify the serial number.... Usually there is information for other guitars but for this one, not.Any help on authenticity ? Serial is: 140112972

RegardsPeri

hello

Today i got a midtown custom from Thomann ( Germany ).The shop declares this model is specially made for the shop. ( i don't know the differences of the normal production model line )Still i can't identify the serial number.... Usually there is information for other guitars but for this one, not.Any help on authenticity ? Serial is: 140112972

RegardsPeri

Only Midtown I know of is made by Gibson,sorry

4H

Only Midtown I know of is made by Gibson,sorry

4H

Thanks for your reply !

Yes of course i am speaking about the Gibson Midtown Custom (i avoid to write the brand name as we're already in Gibson forums)

I do know about the woods chosen for these special models but i can't track my guitar in the Gibson data base.

Any help please ?

I think whoever told you it was made special for their store probably misspoke. The Midtown Customs are being sold at several larger distributors like Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, and AMS. They are all being marketed as a "Limited Run" so I think that means they are only making so many of them or for a limited time (who knows, what it really means... it's just marketing hype).

It's a great guitar. Have had mine since 2011 (the original bunch of "Limited Runs" of them... wink, wink). Just enjoy and play it!

I think whoever told you it was made special for their store probably misspoke. The Midtown Customs are being sold at several larger distributors like Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, and AMS. They are all being marketed as a "Limited Run" so I think that means they are only making so many of them or for a limited time (who knows, what it really means... it's just marketing hype).

It's a great guitar. Have had mine since 2011 (the original bunch of "Limited Runs" of them... wink, wink). Just enjoy and play it!

Thanks for your reply !

Yes as you said. I think so too. Until now i had contact with Gibson and i got the reply you said, that is made as limited. Still Thomann (one more huge shop that can be added to your big distributors list) reply to me that they choose the woods for the models are made special for them (as they labeled it).

Still my biggest concern is that i couldn't find it in the Gibson serial number database and that's why i contact Gibson.

Finally i agree too it's a great guitar and for the value ! It's amazing how comfortable and versatile is and can 'accept' easily every effect amp and possible eq adjustment and in all cases she just inspires and sings !! I think there must be more credit to this guitar as there is available now !

I have a 1970 Les Paul Custom and wanted the Midtown Custom as a back up but i guess i can count on her far more and use my LP for special occasions !!

Thanks again for your reply

all the best

Periklis

IMO why worry.... [biggrin]

It probably says 'Gibson' on the headstock... [thumbup]

Thomann are a reputable supplier

So 'turn on, tune up, drop out'.... :blink:

Enjoy

Big time.... <_<

V

:-({|=

oh yes it does looks and sound like a Gibby ;)

Still i was after details serial number showing .

Oh yes of course it's a reputable shop and i'm always satisfied on their products and services.

thank you ! ;)

Thanks for your reply !

Yes of course i am speaking about the Gibson Midtown Custom (i avoid to write the brand name as we're already in Gibson forums)

I do know about the woods chosen for these special models but i can't track my guitar in the Gibson data base.

Any help please ?

Yeah someone posted a link to the new Traditional Classic.. When I went and browsed their other Gibbies I also saw the Midtown Custom and thought it may be the old versions... But obviously not.. VERY cool guitars for an amazing price [thumbup] (and good to know they are available this side of the world :))

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-DSDCCT-LIST

Yeah someone posted a link to the new Traditional Classic.. When I went and browsed their other Gibbies I also saw the Midtown Custom and thought it may be the old versions... But obviously not.. VERY cool guitars for an amazing price [thumbup] (and good to know they are available this side of the world :))

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-DSDCCT-LIST

Thanks for reply !

I agree totally !

They're just great Gibbys ! They should get more credit ! Day by day becomes a part of my body ! Can't let aside ! A m a z i n g comfort and versatile sound !

Archived