Gibson Brands Forums

Another New Les Paul Traditional Classic!!! Limited Edition

T-Rev

Thank You Gibson! Thank you for coming to your senses. This new Les Paul Traditional Classic Limited Edition model was posted today at American Musical

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPCSA15-LIST

Finally a Les Paul Tradition with an ABR bridge - exactly what people have been asking for for years. And the price point is so much better. Classic 57 pickups, 60's slim taper neck and two very nice finishes.

Keep up the good work Gibson. You are slowly redeeming yourself. I will be buying one of these!

What's everyone else thinking on this guitar?

I think they should stop muddying up the model names... First we had the Junior Specials etc.. Now a Traditional Classic... I mean what the hell..

I also think they should stop putting G-Force on everything...

A Traditional Classic that is neither traditional or classic??? (but at least it has 4 pots)

Oh well.. heres to 2016 [rolleyes] ;)

Looks like the second quarter sales numbers are in on the "improved" 2015 models....I figured this would happen.....

It must be a sub par instrument without a hologram and extra wide fretboard.....lol

Looks like the second quarter sales numbers are in on the "improved" 2015 models....I figured this would happen.....

It must be a sub par instrument without a hologram and extra wide fretboard.....lol

Yeah well they get away with it as its a limited run.. so not a full time production model....

It does make you wonder if Jim De Cola still has a job or not :-k

But yes... a great price for some reason???

Hello Rabs!

If You remember, the last time Gibson used the term "Classic", it was when they had the fingerboard problem. Since then, to me at least this term describes a traditional model with a twist: Classic Custom/Plus basically were traditional Les Pauls at great price with the new, unorthodox baked maple fretboard. It was a marketing trick to make us accept the drastic spec change. And it worked well. Now they are trying to sell the G-Force to purists. Good try. I would bite it, if it was available here. 😊

Cheers... Bence

Hello Rabs!

If You remember, the last time Gibson used the term "Classic", it was when they had the fingerboard problem. Since then, to me at least this term describes a traditional model with a twist: Classic Custom/Plus basically were traditional Les Pauls at great price with the new, unorthodox baked maple fretboard. It was a marketing trick to make us accept the drastic spec change. And it worked well. Now they are trying to sell the G-Force to purists. Good try. I would bite it, if it was available here.

Cheers... Bence

hey man,

Well as far as I know they have had a "Classic" every year... even though they are nothing like a pre-2013 Classic which still had four pots...

2015 Classic http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2015/USA/Les-Paul-Classic.aspx

2014 Classic http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2014/Les-Paul-Classic.aspx

2013 Classic Cant find that page or was that the Classic Custom?? (even I cant remember any more)

And of course the Double Cut Classic http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Classic-Double-Cutaway.aspx

Ohh and the 7 String Classic, and the Classic Plus.. (need I go on :))

Classic Customs were made in 2011-2012, then in 2013, they had the Classic Custom II with rosewood board and SG-like inlay on headstock.

Oh well, those three-pot Classics...excuse me, but I don't even consider them as LPs.

Cheers... Bence

Classic Customs were made in 2011-2012, then in 2013, they had the Classic Custom II with rosewood board and SG-like inlay on headstock.

Cheers... Bence

Well you have a better memory than me sir :) (not that, that's saying much cos my memory is terrible ;))

I think they should stop muddying up the model names... First we had the Junior Specials etc.. Now a Traditional Classic... I mean what the hell..

I also think they should stop putting G-Force on everything...

A Traditional Classic that is neither traditional or classic??? (but at least it has 4 pots)

Oh well.. heres to 2016 [rolleyes] ;)

Agree on all points. I would also add though, that I wish they would stop those perimeter bursts as to me they are butt ugly, but I guess some people like them.

Come on Gibson!

Just got off the phone with my local L&M rep in Canada - you aren't sending any of these to Canada???!!!

Come on - you finally make a guitar I'm willing to buy and then we aren't getting them.

Shame on Gibson!

Archived