Gibson Brands Forums

Dave Grohl on 60 Minutes

SteveFord

I'm not much of a Foo Fighter fan but it was neat to see Dave Grohl on 60 minutes. It was a real surprise (and a real treat) to see Trombone Shorty on there.

Lots of Gibsons being used in that band - SG, Dave Grohl 335 deal (of course), a nice gold top, a black acoustic I couldn't identify, and the one Fender 6 string was relegated to the stand.

I'm not much of a Foo Fighter fan but it was neat to see Dave Grohl on 60 minutes. It was a real surprise (and a real treat) to see Trombone Shorty on there.

Lots of Gibsons being used in that band - SG, Dave Grohl 335 deal (of course), a nice gold top, a black acoustic I couldn't identify, and the one Fender 6 string was relegated to the stand.

I'm not much of a Foo Fighters fan either but I gained a lot of respect for Dave Grohl after watching the Sound City documentary and now this 60 minutes piece which shows he is documenting the roots of music here in America (i.e. Chicago Blues, New Orleans Jazz, etc) I think these side projects he is doing are not only necessary but important historically. I enjoyed that piece tonight as well.

I'm a fan. The guy is so enthusiastic. Great artist. He really strives to earn it in everything he does. Lives in Westlake where i work. I'll tell him about the forum when I meet him. [biggrin]

Archived