Gibson Brands Forums

Did Gibson purchase Fender?

Justin Langston

Leo be rollin' in his grave even joking about that...what a frikkin' uproar that would cause...start seein' Strats with a 17 degree angle on the peghead...that would actually be kool...

that's an insanely huge difference. i did a quick google search and only found one site that mentioned an actual number value. http://www.referenceforbusiness.com/history2/97/Gibson-Guitar-Corp.html

they say 70 mill but all the way back in 1993. someone more savvy could probably find the numbers. i probably don't know how to ask for them properly on a search.

That's a massive difference in turnover! But doesn't show the net worth of the company; I couldn't find anything but I don't know what I'm meant to be looking for...

I'm pretty sure there's a large pile of acquired companies under the FMIC umbrella too. But Fender doesn't list the names of their accusations on the website like Gib does. They just kill them off! [cursing]

there are eleventy-one companies under the gibson umbrella. it's just hard to imagine fender outpacing them i don't think they ow as many other brands.

I wonder how many are intact.

Not picking on Henry because FMIC does the same thing.

Fender sells a he11uva lot of amps. The reissue Deluxe, Twin, even the EVH stuff.

Gibson never got serious about amps. They started to, but gave up for some reason.

Fender might have the bass market cornered also because of the precision so i bet they make a ton off them. But if i had a choice id take an SG Bass and our acoustics own theirs [biggrin]

Archived