Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphones Tribute Les Paul

kidblast

My son is looking to purchase an epi Les Paul Tribute Plus.. Seems like a decent axe for the money (650-ish) I know they are MIC, but just wondering what the overall opinion on these are. Lots of upgrades it seems USA classic 57s, Push/Pull, grover tuners, solid maple cap..

Just looking for some of what the forum players who own these are like.

BTW.. the reason he needs to do this is that "someone".... dropped or knocked over his Epi LP standard that he's had for about 8 years and cracked the neck.

No one that goes to his studio seems to want to admit to it, which sort of s-u-c-k-s... we are looking at getting it repaired, but he may just replace it.

he plays drums, and plays a little guitar, so it's not urgent that he does something today.

I owned one and sold it but not because there was anything wrong with it in any sense. I just had too many guitars and it wasn't getting played.

IMO the Tribute Plus is about as close to a real traditional Gibson Les Paul as you can get without it being a real Gibson. Get one for your boy!

thank you Pin and LPS1976,

the reviews on these are very good, so it does look like a winner for the cost.

so the trigger has been pulled, it's on back order at the moment (@Sweetwater).

Not sure when it arrives...

I have one in VS, I'm new to guitars but I do love mine, so much I'm considering another one in HCS or midnight sapphire,which is obviously a bit daft but.....

Hope you enjoy it.

what color did you opt for?

Hi Natty

dude, it's not daft if you want another.. you're taking to a guy who has 20 guitars, 5 amps,, and I could go on.. but I'll spare you the details!!

LSP... he went for the black cherry.. looks pretty nice in the photos. on back order, and here's something very interesting..

checking sweetwater's web site today,, there as been a $110 price jump.. that was not there yesterday, (yesterday $636 usd, today $749)

Hi Natty

dude, it's not daft if you want another.. you're taking to a guy who has 20 guitars, 5 amps,, and I could go on.. but I'll spare you the details!!

LSP... he went for the black cherry.. looks pretty nice in the photos. on back order, and here's something very interesting..

checking sweetwater's web site today,, there as been a $110 price jump.. that was not there yesterday, (yesterday $636 usd, today $749)

I think Epi have had 15% of during June as a Les Paul 100 year celebratation, good timing timing!

yea, I see that both Musicians friend and Sweetwater have upped the prices on the web sites.

so maybe that was it.

Sweetwater is honoring the original price... so he got it in time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived