Gibson Brands Forums

Your Gibson board name

Mr. Gibson

After going through cancer and treatments 3 different times over the last 8 years, and after my stem cell transplant in 2012, even though I was only 58, I sure felt like an "Old Geezer". Then in Feb of 2014 after finding you folks and getting my J-35 in March, I thought that might be an appropriate handle. My first name is Doug, so Doug the Old Geezer seemed to be fitting. [biggrin]

After going through cancer and treatments 3 different times over the last 8 years, and after my stem cell transplant in 2012, even though I was only 58, I sure felt like an "Old Geezer". Then in Feb of 2014 after finding you folks and getting my J-35 in March, I thought that might be an appropriate handle. My first name is Doug, so Doug the Old Geezer seemed to be fitting. [biggrin]

God bless ya Doug, I have read your story in other posts, and you've been through hell. Glad you're still posting here from the sunny side of the turf!

• 2 weeks later...

Led Zeppelin is my favorite band, I have their first album signed by all four members.. I have a bootleg of them from 1972 at the L.A Forum (a little different than the one that was released on How The West Was Won)

I also have their soundcheck bootleg "A tribute to Johnny Kid and the Pirates" as well as other memorabilia, books, etc,

I'm only 18, but it's a real fine way to start

• 3 months later...

I have been fixing and driving old Dodge trucks for nearly 40 years now and have had at least 50 old Power Wagons. I now have a business supplying new, used, reproduction and re-built parts for 1937-71 Dodge trucks. A friend in Ca. builds and sells guitars to pay for his Dodge truck hobby. I sell Dodge trucks and parts to pay for my guitar hobby. It seems to work great for both of us, except now I have more guitars than trucks. powerwagonjohn has been my nick name for many years and is my E-bay seller name so it seems natural to use it as my forum handle too. Now if I could just figure out the photo thing.

Thanks John

• 2 months later...

I have played an online game for over 18 years now, (Ultima Online),Pappy, that was my name in game and it is very close to what the grandkids call me,Pap,sometimes papa, and the fact that I seemed to be one of the oldest players in the game,when I started.So it seemed to fit. Have not played the game as much and now when I do get in I am one of the very oldest players in the game. THere you have it.

Pappy

• 4 weeks later...

Archived