Gibson Brands Forums

New Look For The PEACE

ajay

WHEN I got my Peaceful Orange PEACE guitar, the first owner kept the knobs and case. I'm replacing the theme parts as I find them. Even when I find the knobs, they will just be stashed away, as I prefer that the PEACE theme be stashed away, and I just want a cool looking Orange "Lester". The guitar came with Gold Knobs, and I found some Dark Amber Knobs that i like enough that they are keepers. The Gold ones are going away, and the Dark Ones are here to stay.CFBC5CC0-05D9-4C72-AD6C-376C966C1FF2.jpg61A0A848-DB7A-4724-9355-B75213D6DC03.jpg

Thanks HEADKNOCKER! I'm sure that not everyone will agree, but I really like the Dark Amber. I think that it looks more business-like. Even though they turned out to be Chinese, and a tight fit, I heated them up with a hair dryer, and I was able to install them without breaking any. That was important to me, because they're going to stay on until the pots have to be removed, or someone else owns it. I have decided that it's a keeper, so are the knobs, and I'm going to make it suit my taste. C0BB6E12-1D4E-4B5B-BF82-F22BF88ACC7D.jpgMy new Copper MetaI Flake PICKGUARD is a beautiful piece, but it would need a spotlight trained on it to get the effect that the designer had in mind. I am going to keep it, because it's a cool piece. I'm not going with it right now though.. It doesn't seem to work for me.BA36042E-CE95-4A16-BE7D-9BC8037C2753.jpg

those barrel knobs didn't look bad, but the ambers look better. good eye! losing the creme pickguard is what i woulda done too. the copper one is neat, but it sure looks nice with no guard too. very tasteful looking guitar

[thumbup]

will you age the binding or allow it to naturally change?

In hand, the Pickguard is a beautiful piece. Pictures do not do it justice, but I would only put it on a CHIBSON, and just before I threw it on the burn pile!Gibson installed the pickguard on Peace guitars. Customer Service verified that. They installed it so tight that the nut on the bottom of their pickguard wore a booger into the nitro. They said that they can fix their mistake for $175. I may do it, because I'm with You on no Pickguard. This guitar just looks right without one.

1436100525[/url]' post='1673117']

those barrel knobs didn't look bad, but the ambers look better. good eye! losing the creme pickguard is what i woulda done too. the copper one is neat, but it sure looks nice with no guard too. very tasteful looking guitar

[thumbup]

will you age the binding or allow it to naturally change?

I don't know how to age the binding. I would like to. I just traded a 13 year old Gibson Acoustic for this one, and I REALLY liked the toning that was going on in the binding. I'm almost 60, so I may not have another 13 years to watch it turn Ivory. Suggestions?

I won't tell you to do this but it seems pretty straight forward, I'll give you the link here at this forum where I saw it..

I have some strat type knobs & switch tip that I'm looking to yellow for my sons left handed late 60s early 70s Lotus Strat, The pickup rings have aged nicely but the knobs etc haven't & look all wrong, I've tried coffee, tea with no change at all.. Here's the Link..

Aging your bleach white binding!!!

Your Guitar looks great to me with the dark amber knobs & NO pickguard like in one of the pics..

Really great looking top that guitar has.. Yes Sir!! [thumbup] I LOVE Red Guitars & Only Have One!!

a2711910-f1c3-4e3f-87a3-b5d41fb416e0.jpg

1994 Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite M-III

Oh Wait My Ibanez SR300 Bass is Sparkle Red Too!!

214553ef-e540-41fb-a4a9-bb4d2e1c4eb8.jpg

PRS is Purple & Charvel 3B is Blue

Thanks HEADKNOCKER, and I agree 100%. GIBSON installed the pickguards on all of the PEACE guitars, and they put it so tight to the top that the nut made a deep Mark in the Nitro. They said that they'll fix their mistake for $175 plus shipping both ways. I think I'll just do like my idol Neil did with Blackie, and wear through to bare wood. If a beat-up guitar is good enough for Neil, it's good enough for poor folk like me. I've never liked pickguards on Lesters. I'm going with You and goin' with just the dark knobs, and maybe a careful antiquing job on the bindings. I got the Copper Sparkle Pickguard as a last resort to try to like a LP pickguard. But it's going a au-natural with the dark knobs and that's it. I think that the dark knobs were a home run, but the Pickguard was a definite strikeout. I feel bad about putting Chinese speed knobs on my guitar, but it works so well, (in my opinion), that they are never coming off Thanks for the opinion HEADKNOCKER. As usual, You were very helpful, and 100% correct! Thanks!EE015551-1A9E-43ED-BB23-4C146C46A38F.jpg

Hey this Studio is 21 years old & it has some pick scratches in the clear if you look really hard..

BUT nothing has even come close to rubbing though & I wouldn't think it ever would..

This guitar never had a pickguard & doesn't even have the holes for one..

I'm gonna try the Kiwi + 2000 grit sandpaper on my sons strat knobs & switch tip..

He also wants me to paint the body that light lime green color too.. In Time!!

21 Year Old Gibson Scratches??

ACEMIII%20IIII.jpg

+1 for the amber knobs!

And it looks awesome without pickguard.

Someday I have to check how it looks under my pickguard, I hope theres no mark of the nut. And if there is I hope it not too deep, because if it's only a bit scrached I could fix it with some Virtuoso polish.

Yeah, Gibson should NEVER install pickguards. I conntacted Customer Service, because I had never seen a Paece Les Paul without a Pickguard. Sure enough, they told me that Yes, they were installed on the Peace Guitar. If You look at the screw going into the side of Your guitar, if it is just in the binding, You may not have a mark. If the screw is in the wood, You probably have a mark. I will probably get it repaired by s local luthier. It can be repaired by the drop method, and then sand and buff. You have to take Your Pickguard off BEFORE it wears into the wood. At that point, You may need to refinish the whole top. My Pickguard will never go back on.One thing that I have always wondered about. When the guitars are in the finish staff, they are scraping what looks to be pretty heavy amounts of binding being scraped off in curls. Does the binding that they glue on stick out that far from the top and sides? It just looks like a lot of material is being removed. Plus, is any Nitro sprayed on the guitar after the binding is scraped off, or is the binging just shaved down to within a few thousandths of the Nitro finish level?

Archived