Gibson Brands Forums

Any one buy from Ebayer - tmg-jp (790 )

splake

Just wondering if anyone has bought a guitar on Ebay from tmg-jp (790) He is located in Hiroshima Japan and has some blinding rockin guitars on Ebay, The dude has everything ( tons upon tons of guitars) rare stuff, and tuff in rockin shape.. Almost too good to be true. but he is located in Japan and advertises that if you want a guitar ask him he will find it in the Japanese market ???. He has lots good feedback and two horrible feedback entries, one of which says "guitar never existed". I am kind of searching for my next one, doing some leg work and window shoppin and I can not believe the stuff this dude has. Just testing the waters before I get serious here

( hopefully by December ) , I am not ready to send the greenbacks overseas to Hiroshima, especially with my recent history. I know many of you who have searched Ebay recently saw his stuff.

Anyone know this Cat?

Just wondering if anyone has bought a guitar on Ebay from tmg-jp (790) He is located in Hiroshima Japan and has some blinding rockin guitars on Ebay, The dude has everything ( tons upon tons of guitars) rare stuff, ans tuff in rockin shape.. Almost too good to be true. but he is located in Japan and advertises that if you want a guitar ask him he will find it in the Japanese market ???. He has lots good feedback and two horrible feedback entries, one of which says "guitar never existed". I am kind of searching for my next one and I can not believe the stuff this dude has. Just testing the waters, I am not ready to send the greenbacks overseas to Hiroshima, especially with my recent history. I know many of you who have searched Ebay recently saw his stuff.

Anyone know this Cat?

I have bought several guitars from Japan so i will chime in if you dont mind. The guitars i bought from sellers there were all advertised well and i knew what i had wanted ahead of time. I have found that Japanese retailers tend to be much more honest, reliable and easier to deal with than American ones. For example, i bought Tokai, Burny and Orville guitars from japanese dealers all used, played them for a spell and re sold later with no problems. Then one day i decided to buy a Tokai from a guy in America, when i got it the git had buzzing strings, blemishes in the finish and was made in China, not Japan. I was so busy that month i didnt get to test the guitars, i made a huge mistake. The seller failed to tell me they were made in China, that makes a huge difference in quality!!

For me personally, i trust the Japanese sellers a bit more than Americans. They tend to be honest about the percentage of fret wear, imperfections and where the guitar was created. No guarantee you wont get a lemon, it can always happen, but in general if they have good feedback and you know what you want then you should be fine.

The seller is Tokyo Music.

With that many positive feedbacks and the explanation from the buyers on how the negative feedbacks were scored and the sellers prompt reaction it sounds like they are a good shop.

I am like you though, when I look at some thing on Flea -Bay I always go through the sellers feed back scores and if there are any negative feed backs I check to see how the seller resolved the issue.

With as many positive feed backs and only 2 negative , I think I would feel safe in purchasing from him.

Every one can make a mistake, but it's how it was resolved and was is resolved in a timely matter.

I don't know of this seller but I can say that Japanese retailers have been advertising on E Bay here in the UK too. Players have got wise to the quality of Japanese guitars especially 70s and 80s made and they are in demand. Makes like Ibanez and Epiphone have increased in price considerably.

Medium large seller, good feedback rating, should be good. But shipping from Japan? That might be pricey. And slow.

Japan shipping pricey, can run on 100 avg up to 130 ish. Ive had some gits take as long as 3 weeks and once had a greco i got in 4 days from Japan! To put that in perspective, i ordered a Taylor that took 5 days in America. On average id say it takes about 10 days, its surprisingly quick considering how far it has to go to me near boston.

As an Osaka resident I will vouch for Japanese Guitar retailers. Straight up people. Japan Post provides superior service. Just keep in mind that Japan is a long ways away should you need some customer service. Should you need to return the guitar, FedEx will run you about $300.

Ive had some gits take as long as 3 weeks and once had a greco i got in 4 days from Japan!

I think I just broke all records. I bought a 12-string off ebay yesterday, and it arrived via UPS 15 minutes ago. It was one state over.

I used to go to the Dallas and/or the Arlington guitar shows every year. I haven't been, now, for maybe 4 or 5 years. But I used to see a couple of Japanese buyers there every year. I want to say that a Tokyo Music sign hung over one of the dealer's table (but I can't remember for sure). They had tables set up, but they were only buying. They would buy from other dealers or from walk-ins, but after a purchase, they put the guitar back in the case, slide it to the back of their table area, and wait for the next guitar to come their way. Unless one were standing there when a deal went down, you never knew what they were buying because they never displayed what they had bought. They always seemed to have a lot of closed Gibson cases in their booth, however.

Archived