Gibson Brands Forums

What gibson acoustic is this?

Gibson Artist

My gf was watching old General Hospital clips (shes a binge watcher lol) and saw a cool Gibson acoustic. Knowing how much i love guitars she asked me which model it was, i said, well i know its NOT a j200 and not a dove. However, there are tons of models it could be, Gospel, Country Western, Southern Jumbo or somethin like a j40? I told her i think its a J-40 or country western but the guys here would know much more than i. The guitar shows up about 1 minute in. Well, anyone know?

In this Episode of General Hospital....

1. I would say Lloyd seems angry because he don't know how to play the Gibson. or..

2. Lloyd is angry because the chick is more impressed with the Gibson than with him. or..

3. Lloyd is simply furious that this expensive Gibson sits in the kitchen without humidification..or

4. Lloyd is angry because his hairdresser did not cut his 70's haircut to his perfection..

...I'm just not sure which...

That was my first thought but doesn't it have an inlaid logo? A J50 would typically be a decal, yeah?

Yeah; good catch. I seem to remember that at that time they were making a similar guitar but with an arched back (they may have called it the J-55?) and I think it had an inlaid logo?

Yeah; good catch. I seem to remember that at that time they were making a similar guitar but with an arched back (they may have called it the J-55?) and I think it had an inlaid logo?

They did make a J55 but I don't remember much about it and my 70s literature is home. They also made a 70s version of the Gospel with an arched back.

Archived