Gibson Brands Forums

That Tak 12 burst...

Cougar

I've tried sitting there hoping I would be quick enough to get in that last bid - it rarely works as some people seem be using webites that will bid at he last second for them. They cost a fee though. I just rely on the 'what am I prepared to pay' method and slap on a bid for that amount. If I win I win if I lose ............. there's always something else.

Yaaaaaaay now how about a video ? Lol

Boy, never satisfied. [tongue]

So ..... Do you like it ? Are ya gunna keep it ? Are you ? Are you ? Huh ? Huh ?

Oh yeah, she's a keeper.

I don't have my home studio hooked up. I just set my little palm-sized Tascam DR-05 recorder (running on batteries!) in front of two amps (one for the rhythm), then imported the result into cubase for the fade in and out. So nobody thinks much of this little composition? I was thinking of multitracking it and adding a couple more instruments... piano? sax? flute? vibraphone? Well, maybe not.

Thanks, Dodger!

I'd like to hear this idea developed with a few more instruments as you said

That's what I thought. It's very simple, kinda catchy. Not exactly done before, as far as I know. Several late 60s groups used a 7-4-1 progression (F-C-G, for example) to great effect. Yeah, it'd be fun trying to fit something in with that...

Hey if I did not like it I wouldn't ask for vid'age lol but I have to say it does sound nice .

Not sure if I shared this buffer overload but I love 12's and a lot of folks have them but keep them in the closet but I'm not sharing this to compare 12's more to show what it can offer . Fun times for sure .

There's two tunes one follows China bay which uploaded funky which I'll link the next one I think it jump to is a strum crazy fun piece I came up with since I got the new 12 . https://soundcloud.com/agradeleous234/china-bay-instrumental

So I would love to see your new 12 in vid lol and yes complete the new12 tune and most importantly enjoy it and take her to the next level . 😜

That was some fun playing!

But I am taking it most of you were not around in the 1960s. If you were you would know that the 12 string sound from then has always been and will always be the round shoulder Gibson B45-12 on "Walk Right In."

You gotta love it.

But I am taking it most of you were not around in the 1960s. If you were you would know that the 12 string sound from then has always been and will always be the round shoulder Gibson B45-12 on "Walk Right In."

Yep, that was a good one. ...Walk right in, sit right down, daddy let your mind roll on.... "Everybody's got a new way of walkin'." I'm gonna have to try that one. [thumbup]

Archived