Gibson Brands Forums

My Personal Bozeman Tour

drathbun

Hi folks.

First a big thank you to our Jeremy Morton for taking time out of his busy day to show me and my wife on a personal tour around the Gibson Acoustic shop on June 15. I've finally had some time to process the many photos I took while on the delightful tour.

18230414103_25032a5602_z.jpg

Above is one of the guitars being built that day. It is a gorgeous Custom Shop Hummingbird with a spectacular quilted maple back and sides. There were many J200's being built that day as well, including one Custom Shop trans blue that I spied.

It is clear the moment you set foot in the shop that this is a very personal process from the front to the back. There is a LOT of personal expertise in every corner of the shop (I hesitate to call it a plant as it is barely as large as our Long & Mcquade store in south Calgary)! Each area had employees doing a lot of careful hand work. This is what makes each Gibson acoustic so special. Also, the same hands that work on the regular line guitars also handle the Custom Shop guitars that come through the building. There are plenty of modern CNC robotics machines doing millwork etc... but a lot of hand craftsmanship is still on display at Gibson Acoustic.

Great work ladies and gentleman! Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication. I'm a proud Gibson acoustic owner and you folks make it sooo easy to tell customers the truth about Gibson Acoustic's skill, workmanship and quality.

To see the entire album of photos I took, go to:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/drathbun/library/Gibson%20Acoustic%20Tour

Hi folks.

First a big thank you to our Jeremy Morton for taking time out of his busy day to show me and my wife on a personal tour around the Gibson Acoustic shop on June 15. I've finally had some time to process the many photos I took while on the delightful tour.

18230414103_25032a5602_z.jpg

Above is one of the guitars being built that day. It is a gorgeous Custom Shop Hummingbird with a spectacular quilted maple back and sides. There were many J200's being built that day as well, including one Custom Shop trans blue that I spied.

It is clear the moment you set foot in the shop that this is a very personal process from the front to the back. There is a LOT of personal expertise in every corner of the shop (I hesitate to call it a plant as it is barely as large as our Long & Mcquade store in south Calgary)! Each area had employees doing a lot of careful hand work. This is what makes each Gibson acoustic so special. Also, the same hands that work on the regular line guitars also handle the Custom Shop guitars that come through the building. There are plenty of modern CNC robotics machines doing millwork etc... but a lot of hand craftsmanship is still on display at Gibson Acoustic.

Great work ladies and gentleman! Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication. I'm a proud Gibson acoustic owner and you folks make it sooo easy to tell customers the truth about Gibson Acoustic's skill, workmanship and quality.

To see the entire album of photos I took, go to:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/drathbun/library/Gibson%20Acoustic%20Tour

Nice, Doug! Glad you got a chance to see the place and tour it with Jeremy. It leaves an impression that just can't be conveyed on these forums!

Fred

How did you go about getting the tour? Who did you contact or did you just show up I will be near there soon and would love to take a tour. Thanks

I am a sales associate at Long & McQuade Musical Instruments, Calgary South. L&M is Canada's Gibson distributor. Our folks were in Bozeman as part of a dealer entourage and I prevailed upon Jeremy to give me a tour while I was travelling through the same week. :)

Archived